Optimum Pro Series News
Optimum Nutrition have consistently been considered as one of the most popular supplement companies in the industry and have dominated the protein market for years with their versatile and effective protein powder Gold Standard 100% Whey. Owned by Glanbia, one of the largest dairy producers and suppliers in the world, Optimum Nutrition don’t take the release of new products lightly. So when a completely new series of products come out, you know it’s big news. Following on from the Platinum Series of supplements, Optimum Nutrition (ON) have decided to create the Pro Series.
Optimum Pro Series Supplements
Optimum Nutrition previously had two products released with the Pro Series name; the super high protein supplement Pro Complex and the mass gainer Pro Complex Gainer. However, they existed as two stand alone products within their overall range. One of the keys to being a successful large company is the ability to differentiate products as a way to support market segmentation and target different demographics. In simpler terms, to create a range of supplement catered to a specific group of people. The new Pro Series from Optimum Nutrition does exactly that and was created for people who tend to train slightly more often than the casual 3 times per week trainer.
Optimum Pro Series Range
The current ON Pro Series contains 5 supplements including:
- Pro Gainer – Previously known as Pro Complex Gainer, this supplement is a high protein mass gainer which also has plenty of carbohydrates to support recovery.
- Pro Complex – An ultra high protein supplement with predominantly protein isolates and hydrolysates.
- Pro BCAA – A mixture of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) in the ratio of 2:1:1.
- Pro Booster – Specially designed muscle builder supplement; most likely a testosterone booster with some estrogen blocking ingredients and some thermogenics thrown in for lean mass gains
- Pro Joint – Premium mixture of common joint support ingredients to help support high intensity, impact, volume and frequency trainers who place a lot of pressure onto their joints. These ingredients may include MSM, chondroitin, glucosamine, chitin and chitosan just to name a few.
Optimum Pro Series Review
The new Optimum Pro Series is set for release very soon, most likely at the upcoming Arnold Classic. While Pro Gainer and Pro Complex will most likely be similar to what they were originally, it’ll be interesting to see what the other 3 supplement’s formulas will look like. While one can presume roughly the formula for Optimum Pro BCAA and Optimum Pro Joint, Pro Booster presents a bit of a mystery and is one of the most exciting supplements from the Pro Series range. As more information slowly trickles down for the new ON Pro Series, we’ll be sure to update you on the details and review each supplement more comprehensively. Regardless, it’s a big move from Optimum Nutrition early in 2014 and sets the bar high for the rest of their competitors to follow.