- Manufactured by Musashi, a highly reputable brand in sports nutrition
- Designed for muscle growth & workout recovery
- Suitable for athletes, bodybuilders, & fitness enthusiasts
- Main ingredients include Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) & Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
- Enhanced with digestive enzymes for better nutrient uptake
- Tested & certified by Informed Sport, ensuring it's free from banned substances
- High in protein, offering 24g per 33g serving
- Low in carbohydrates with only 3.5g per serve
- Provides a comprehensive amino acid profile, including essential & branched-chain amino acids
- Available in three flavours: vanilla milkshake, chocolate milkshake, & salted caramel
- Comes in two convenient sizes, 900g & 2Kg
- Ideal for consumption both pre and post-workout & as a daily protein top-up
- Though not explicitly stated, the whey protein likely comes from high-quality New Zealand dairy
- Can be bundled with other supplements like Creatine & BCAAs for enhanced muscle gains
- Overall, Musashi 100% Whey is a top choice for anyone serious about their fitness goals
When it comes to fitness supplements, choosing the right protein powder can be a daunting task. Musashi, a leading brand in sports nutrition for over 30 years, simplifies this choice with its 100% Whey Protein Powder. This super-premium blend offers a unique combination of Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) & Whey Protein Isolate (WPI), designed to fuel your muscles & optimise recovery.
In this review, we'll dive deep into the features, benefits, & unique attributes of this protein powerhouse.
Who is it for: Is it Right for You
Musashi 100% Whey is the go-to protein supplement for athletes, bodybuilders, fitness enthusiasts or any individual 15 years or over. Whether you are aiming for muscle growth, better workout recovery, or simply wish to meet your daily protein needs, this product is for you.
The Ingredients: What's In It
The primary ingredients are Whey Protein Concentrate & Whey Protein Isolate, both derived from milk. The main other active ingredients include digestive enzymes, plus sweeteners & flavours.
Must Know Features
- Protein Content: 24g per 33g serving
- Low in Carbohydrates: Only 3.5g per serve
- High in essential & branched-chain amino acids
- Added Digestive Enzymes: In the form of Papian
- Available in three delicious flavours
- Available in two convenient sizes: 900g & 2Kg
- Supports Muscle Growth: The high protein content assists in muscle growth & repair.
- Enhances Workout Recovery: Amino acids like BCAAs help in quick post-workout recovery.
- Nutrient Uptake: The added digestive enzymes aid in better absorption of nutrients.
Musashi 100% Whey: Taste & Flavours Options
You can choose from vanilla milkshake, chocolate milkshake, & salted caramel (900g only).
All are easy to mix & taste great, offering a satisfying experience for your taste buds. Worth noting is that the powder isn't overly sweet, & for me, this is a positive. Without a doubt, Musashi produces some of the best-tasting protein powders on the Australian market & their 100% Whey is no exception.
When reviewing the most popular flavours based on recent customer purchases from Mr Supplement. Salted caramel accounts for 2%, vanilla milkshake 37% & chocolate milkshake 61%. Thus, based on this metric chocolate milkshake would be the most popular flavour of Musashi 100% Whey.
A single serving of 33g can be mixed with 200mL of water in your Mr Supplement shaker. You can consume this shake 60-90 minutes prior to exercise or within 30 minutes post-training. It can also be added to milk or food for a protein boost.
For those involved in a regular exercise program, We'd recommend taking your 100% Whey on both workout & non-workout days, up to 3 times daily.
Banned Substance Free
It is tested & certified by Informed Sport, a globally recognised quality assurance program for sports nutrition, ensuring that it does not contain any banned substances.
Gluten & Lactose-Free
The product contains milk ingredients, as such there shall be some lactose in this protein powder.
As for gluten, we cannot identify gluten-containing ingredients on the nutritional panel. Yet there is no information on the label confirming it is gluten-free. As such users with intolerances should consult a healthcare provider before use.
The Pros: What's Special
- Musashi 100% Whey is a low-carb formula, which is ideal for athletes looking to restrict carbohydrate intake.
- It also provides comprehensive amino acid profiles, making it an all-round choice for your sports nutrition needs.
- At 74% Protein content this is Musashi's highest quality protein powder.
- The use of NZ Dairy, recognised globally as one of the best whey proteins available.
- Added Digestive Enzymes improve the nutrient uptake of 100% Whey.
- A competitive price point when compared against competing WPI/WPC blended protein powders.
- Industry best flavouring & taste.
- Banned substance-free, with every batch tested by Informed Sport.
- Well-considered easy to easy-to-understand product labelling.
- External tamper-proof jar sealing with an internal wad seal.
- A nifty hanger for your scoop inside the jar, so it can't submerge & get lost in the powder (very cool).
The Cons: What's Not
- Musashi 100% Whey contains milk & soy, which could be allergens for some individuals.
- Offered in a limited range of sizes, a larger size option may be preferred for regular consumers.
- Minimal number of flavour choices, with the leading competing products having up to 20 flavour choices.
- Sweetened with sucralose, a natural flavouring like stevia may be preferred by some users.
Bundling with Other Supplements for Enhanced Gains
Musashi 100% Whey can be effectively stacked with Musashi Creatine, BCAAs, or pre-workouts for even more significant muscle gains & performance improvement. Being a food-type protein powder there is almost no complementary supplement that can't be stacked with Musashi 100% Whey.
Musashi 100% Whey is a comprehensive protein powder that offers a multitude of benefits for athletes & bodybuilders. Its high protein content, combined with a wide array of amino acids & digestive enzymes, make it an exceptional choice for those serious about their fitness goals.
While it does have a few downsides, such as potential allergens, & limited flavour & size choices, the pros significantly outweigh the cons.