What is Halotestin?
Halotestin is the commercial trade name for fluoxymesteron, an oral androgenic steroid which is able to give strong male-like characteristics to its users.
Why use Halotestin?
Traditionally, Halotestin is prescribed by doctors for men who suffer from hypogonadism, a condition in which patients suffer from decreased testicular function, and to trigger puberty in cases where it is delayed. For women, it can be used to treat breast cancer. However, in the underground bodybuilding scene, it is often used to increase strength and speed up progress from weight training.
Halotestin Side Effects
Like all other steroids, the potential side effects for Halotestin are great when usage is not supervised by a medical professional. Side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Livery failure
- Heart failure
- Infertility for both men and women
- Prolonged and painful erections
- Trouble urinating
- Gynecomastia – increase in male breast side and tenderness
- Mood and psychological disturbance
- Allergic reactions
For women, additional side effects include:
- Deepening of the voice
- Enlargement of the clitoris
- Unusual body hair growth
- Irregular menstrual periods
Halotestin Legal Status
In most developed countries, Halotest is a controlled substance, meaning it is legal only if prescribed by a medical professional for treatment of a disease. The distribution and possession of Halotestin in Australia, outside of this is illegal and punishable by law.
Legal Halotestin Alternatives
There are a number of legal and safe alternatives to Halotestin for over the counter sale in Australia. These include dietary supplements designed to naturally and safely boost testosterone production within normal limits. Some of the more popular ingredients to look out for include:
- Tribulus – The most popular testosterone booster on the market, tribulus is a traditional herbal testosterone booster.
- D-aspartic acid – More modern than tribulus, D-aspartic acid has shown promising results as a testosterone booster.
- Anti-oestrogen – This group of supplements are designed to block the natural conversion of testosterone into oestrogen.