Quick Summary Points for Fat Burners vs. Fat Metabolisers
- Fat Burners & Fat Metabolisers are two of the biggest categories of weight loss supplements
- Fat Burners contain a range of ingredients to help support fat metabolism, appetite suppression, & blocking carbohydrates
- Fat Metabolisers on the other hand are designed to affect the digestion and metabolism of dietary fat
- Both are useful supplements for weight loss & can be stacked together
- Read on to find tips on picking the best Fat Burner or Fat Metaboliser
Fat Burner Supplements vs. Fat Metaboliser Supplements
The path to fat loss is never easy for anyone, but there are supplements that help you to shed the extra weight and would be useful in helping you achieve your personal goals. Some of these include fat burners and fat metabolizers.
One of the most common questions we get though is what the difference is between these two types of supplements. This article aims to answer that question by going through both categories in detail and provides a guideline to finding the appropriate fat burner or fat metaboliser to suit your needs.
What Are Fat Burners?
Fat Burners or Thermogenic Fat Burners are supplements that help you lose fat. They target the fat present in the body and increase your metabolic rate, which is the amount of calories you are burning throughout the day.
Fat Burners are classified as multi-functional supplements that can have a variety of properties such as increasing metabolism, suppressing appetite, reducing cravings and contain stimulants to increase energy levels; all of which helps to support weight loss.
How Do Fat Burners Work?
Fat Burners contain a variety of ingredients that help to promote lipolysis (the breakdown of body fat) that gets turned into energy, but also other effects that can be beneficial for weight loss. These ingredients include the following:
- Stimulants: A crucial part of any fat burner, stimulants such as caffeine, guarana and theobromine (a compound in chocolate) help to raise energy levels and keep you more focused and alert during the day. This is important as you can easily become tired and unmotivated whilst trying to diet and eat less. Non-stimulatory B vitamins are also added to further support energy levels and help you maintain control over your diet and training.
- Metabolism Boosters: Metabolism boosters are helpful as these added ingredients can support greater caloric expenditure. Some of these ingredients include Green Tea and Guarana.
- Appetite Suppressants: You will find that many fat burners will contain appetite suppressants to suppress hunger and reduce cravings during the day. Chromium, a trace mineral helps the body to burn fat and metabolise carbs more efficiently. It helps to keep blood sugar levels more stable, which helps prevent food cravings and over eating.
- Carbohydrate Blockers: Having carbohydrate blockers in fat burners are useful as they help prevent your body from absorbing certain calories from your diet. Carb-blockers such as White Kidney Bean are often added to help reduce your overall calorie intake.
What Are Fat Metabolisers?
Fat Metabolisers are supplements that reduce fat storage in the body by converting it into useable energy. They often contain a reduced variety of ingredients as fat burners, but can still offer excellent weight loss support.
How Do Fat Metabolisers Work?
Fat Metabolisers work similarly to fat burners by reducing fat and using it as energy in the body. There are a few key ingredients that are found in many fat metabolisers that work well with weight loss.
One of the essential nutrients, choline has lipotropic properties where the body prevents fat from going into the liver. It does this by promoting the transportation of dietary fats throughout the body to your cells so they are promptly burned for energy.
Fat Burners vs. Fat Metabolisers- What Should I Choose?
When it comes to weight loss supplements, there is a bit of trial and error involved in finding the one that suits you the best. A good place to start is by choosing a fat burner as they contain more ingredients than a fat metaboliser. This may be beneficial to your weight loss as the added ingredients provides many different functions to assist with weight loss.
Generally speaking, for those who often train hard but can’t manage to lose fat in certain areas, a fat metaboliser may be useful. For those who are sensitive to stimulants or already taking supplements with stimulants, you have the alternative of picking stimulant-free fat burners or fat metabolisers.
How To Pick A Good Fat Burner?
Finding a good fat burner that suits you isn’t easy especially as there are a range of weight loss supplements on the market today. It can also be a difficult choice for consumers who are new to weight loss supplements. Here are a few points that can guide in you in picking a good fat burner to meet your specifications.
- Ingredients - If this is your first time choosing a fat burner, you may want to start with one that has a smaller amount of stimulants, but still offers a reasonable formulation to start your fat burning process. Be sure to look out for notable thermogenic ingredients such as Green Tea Extract, Bitter Orange Extract, African Mango and Acetyl L-Carnitine just to name a few.
- Dosage - Reading the nutritional panel and the information behind it can be somewhat confusing especially if you are new to supplements. Aside from going online and reading about each ingredient, a good method is simply to read a few reviews of the fat burner. If these reviews discuss the efficacy of these ingredients and make reference to scientific evidence, then you’ve got a strong base to make a better decision.
Best Fat Burners
To help make things easy, our recommendations for some of the best fat burners around include:
- No Fat by Underground Labs - a powerfully potent stimulant burner with 300mg of caffeine per serve (2 capsules.) This product takes a go-hard-or-go-home approach and is most likely to yield results.
- Faction Labs Deficit - from the makers of the ultra-popular pre-workout Disorder, Deficit is a no-nonscence, powerful stimulant and thermogenic guaranteed to bring on the sweat.
- EHPLabs Oxyshred - by far the most popular and well known fat burner globally, Oxyshred is a clean, great tasting fat burner for everybody.
How To Pick A Good Fat Metaboliser?
Choosing a good fat metaboliser can be just as hard as choosing a fat burner supplement however it is possible. As fat metabolisers work similarly to a fat burner, when picking a good fat metaboliser aim to look for key ingredients that are backed by evidence like:
- Inositol or
Another point to consider in choosing a fat metaboliser is to see what form you would like it to be in. Most weight loss supplements have the option of taking it either in capsule or powder form. If you are already taking a range of powders, it may be useful to take a capsule which is easier to consume.
Can I Stack Fat Burners with Fat Metabolisers?
It can be a good idea to stack fat burners with fat metabolisers as they contain quite different ingredients, which can work together to support even better fat loss. As Fat Metabolisers don’t contain any stimulants, it can easily be used with Fat Burners without issue.
However, if you are stacking the two, just make sure to give yourself a 1-2 week break from the Fat Burners every 4-6 weeks of use. This is to help prevent any tolerance build up with some of the ingredients such as caffeine and other stimulants.