The Maxine’s Challenge is one of Australia’s best and most famous transformation changes, requiring women to reach their ideal health and physique goals over 12 weeks. Whether you want to tone or lose weight, the Maxine’s Challenge is one of the best programs to help you tackle the task at hand thanks to its plentiful support and detailed training and nutrition plans. The 2017 Maxine’s Challenge is going to be bigger than ever and is ideal for first timers and returning challengers to put their tenacity to the test and achieve their best body yet. To get a head start on the Challenge, here are some crucial details, information and dates you might need.
Maxine’s Challenge 2017 – Where to Register
To sign up for the Maxine's Challenge, simply head on over to the official Maxine's Challenge Website.
Maxine’s Challenge 2017 – Registration Dates
As with previous couple of years, the Maxine’s Challenge 2017 will run two times throughout the year, once in February and once in August. So now’s the time to figure out whether you’re ready to tackle the first one, the second one or both. Unlike previous years, there will no longer be pre registrations and registrations have been open from late December for the February challenge and will open around June for the August challenge. If you register early, you will still receive email reminders as well as extra motivation, tips and information for the upcoming 12 weeks.
Maxine’s Challenge 2017 – Key Dates
For those interested in the Maxine’s Challenge for 2017, here are the crucial key dates for the upcoming two Challenges:
Maxine's Challenge February 2017
- Registration Opens – Wednesday 14 December
- Registration Closes – Sunday 5 February
- Challenge Starts – Monday 6 February
- Challenge Finishes – Sunday 30 April
- ‘After’ Photos and Blogs Completed – Wednesday 3 May
- Public Voting Open – Thursday 4 May
- Public Voting Closes – Wednesday 10 May
- Top 50 are announced – Thursday 11 May
- Top 10 are announced – Friday 12 May
- Presentation Gala – Saturday 20 May
Maxine's Challenge August 2017 – *Tentative Dates*
- Registration Opens – Wednesday 21 June
- Registration Closes – Sunday 6 August
- Challenge Starts – Monday 7 August
- Challenge Finishes – Sunday 29 October
- ‘After’ Photos and Blogs Completed – Wednesday 1 November
- Public Voting Open – Thursday 2 November
- Public Voting Closes – Wednesday 8 November
- Top 50 are announced – Thursday 9 November
- Top 10 are announced – Friday 10 November
- Presentation Gala – Saturday 18 November
Maxine’s Challenge 2017 - Check In Dates
As per the previous years, the 2017 Maxine’s Challenge will require participants “Check In” twice during the 12 weeks as a way to update any progress pics and results and ensure you’re keeping on track. The dates for these two “Check In” points will be:
Maxine's Challenge February 2017 - Check In Points
- Week 4 Check In Point Open - Wednesday 1st March 2017 at 12:00am
- Week 4 Check In Point Close - Monday 6th March 2017 at 11:59pm
- Week 8 Check In Point Open - Wednesday 29th March 2017 at 12:00am
- Week 8 Check In Point Close - Monday 3rd April 2017 at 11:59pm
Maxine's Challenge August 2017 - Check In Points
- Week 4 Check In Point Open - Wednesday 30th August 2017 at 12:00am
- Week 4 Check In Point Close - Monday 4th September 2017 at 11:59pm
- Week 8 Check In Point Open - Wednesday 27th September 2017 at 12:00am
- Week 8 Check In Point Close - Monday 2nd October 2017 at 11:59pm
Maxine’s Challenge 2017 – News & Facts
Beginning the Maxine’s Challenge 2017 is easy; you’ll need to snap and upload a “Before” image. This will help provide a visual way for you to track your progress and transformation over the next 12 weeks. Participants can also be guided to take a few initial fitness measurements via a short fitness test. This will be a quantitative tool to track your baseline fitness levels and provide you with more objective values of how far you progress throughout the Challenge.
During weeks 4 and 8, Challengers will be required to submit more progress pictures and have the opportunity to re-test themselves with the same fitness test. Finally at the conclusion of the 12 weeks, “After” shots need to be taken, a final fitness test conducted before public voting and judging begins to find the top 50 and the top 10 finalists respectively. The winner and placings will then be announced at the Presentation Gala.
During the 12 weeks, participants will have the opportunity to choose between 4 different types of training and nutrition programs including
- Tone & Shape Beginner
- Tone & Shape Intermediate
- Get Strong Beginner
- Get Strong Intermediate
These programs will differ slightly in the intensity of training as well as the sample dietary and eating plans. Throughout the Maxine’s Challenge 2017, participants will have access to forums where they can speak with expert coaches and other challengers as well as the Social Hub where they can connect and see what other participants are up to.
Unlike 2016, there will no longer be a FREE basic plan. Instead there will be two paid versions of the Challenge – the Access Plan and the Platinum Plan. More details on the plans are available below.
The entire competition will be conducted in accordance with anti-doping policies of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and individual participants have the opportunity to sign up with a public or private profile. In order to be eligible for the prizes, you will need to have a public profile. Participants also have the opportunity to join groups as a way to assist each other during training.
Maxine’s Challenge 2017 – Access Plan
Maxine’s Challenge 2017 will come in two paid versions, with the most cost effective version being the Access Plan. This provides you with:
- Support – Via the Challenge forum and the social hub where you can connect with other challengers
- Training – A range of training videos, guides and fitness programs updated every 4 weeks
- Nutrition – Guidelines, tips and recipes on all things nutrition related. You’ll also be provided with sample meal plans, updated every 4 weeks as well as a comprehensive shopping list.
- Supplements – A guide to all the supplements you can use to boost your results
- Mindset and Motivation – Podcasts and inspirational messages from expert Coaches on the forums, social hub and emails.
Maxine’s Challenge 2017 – Platinum Plan
For participants wanting a little more support, the Maxine’s Challenge will also come with a Platinum Plan. This includes everything from the Access Plan, along with:
- Online Personal Training – An initial assessment by a Coach, weekly on-line check in questionnaires to keep you on track, personalised training and advice and a post Challenge assessment to help you after it’s over.
- Supplements Starter Pack – Maxine’s Night Time Protein, Maxine’s Burn Protein, Maxine's Recover, Maxine’s Merchandise and Maxine’s Samples (Valued at $250 RRP)
There are a limited number of Platinum Plans available, so first in, best dressed.
Maxine's Challenge 2017 - Costs
How much does the Maxine’s Challenge 2017 actually cost? This depends on a couple of factors, but initial costs for joining will depend whether you go with the Access Plan or the Platinum Plan as outlined below:
- Access Plan - $109
- Platinum Plan - $489
Both plans will ensure you have the chance to win the prizes at the end of the 12 weeks providing your profile is public. Beyond those initial join up costs, the expenses related to the Maxine’s Challenge aren’t that much at all. You might find that you have to pay a little bit to alter your diet, nutrition, supplementation and training routines, but making these changes will only cost around $2-$5 extra per day. This is at the lower end of the spectrum, but you can definitely get through the challenge without significant expenditure. At the end of the day, you’re paying the rough price of a coffee to help you become a fitter and healthier you.
Maxine's Challenge 2017 - Prizes
As always, the Maxine’s Challenge in 2017 will be a big year in terms of the potential prizes you’re able to win. These include:
- 5 star Luxury Australian holiday for 2 people
- VISA Gift Card vouchers
- Product giveaways
- 4 month MAX'S/Maxine's Sponsorship
- Invitation to the end of year Gala Presentation
- Opportunity to be featured on Challenge TV
Every Challenger this year in the Maxine’s Challenge will be eligible to win these prizes, as long as they have a public profile. Each participant will also receive a completion certificate at the end of the 12 weeks.
Maxine’s Challenge 2017
The Maxine’s Challenge is the perfect way to kick start your weight loss or fitness journey and to become a healthier you. It’s not an easy 12 weeks, but Maxine’s provides plenty of support to help you reach your goals faster and easier. If you have done it before, you know how rewarding completing the Challenge can be, so 2017 is the perfect time to break some personal bests and to strive for more ambitious results. No matter if its your first or fifth Maxine’s Challenge, let 2017 be your best year yet.