Muscletech’s new Hydroxycut SX-7 was released late 2013 to much fanfare. Having researched the response to the new fat loss supplement, Muscletech have decided to release a stimulant free version of the supplement aptly titled Hydroxycut SX-7 Stim Free.
Hydroxycut SX-7 Stim Free Highlights
- Stimulant Free Fat Burner
- Blend of fat loss support ingredients and adaptogen (stress reducing) ingredients
- Ideal for people on pre-workouts, stimulant fat burners and regular coffee drinkers
Hydroxycut SX-7 Stim Free Ingredients & Dosage
The Hydroxycut SX-7 Stim Free variant still contains 7 key active ingredients in a transparently dosed formulation. These ingredients include:
- Green Coffee Blend (400mg)
- Ashwangandha Root Extract (75mg)
- Rhodiola Root Extract (50mg)
- Yacon Root (50mg)
- Oregano Leaf Extract (30mg)
- Blue Ginseng Leaf Extract (25mg)
- Wakame Leaf Extract (20mg)
Each capsule of Hydroxycut SX-7 Stim Free contains 650mg of active ingredients contained in a blend known as the Super Xtreme SX-7 Complex with recommendations for a maximum 2 capsules per 24 hour period.
Hydroxycut SX-7 Stim Free Pros & Effectiveness
You’ve got to hand it to Muscletech for being a company that’s dedicated to bringing the latest research into their supplements. In addition, they’re also a company that relies on older but still relevant research in the formulation of their supplements. Let’s take a look at each of the ingredients in SX-7 Stim Free and see what they do:
- Green Coffee Blend – The green coffee blend in Hydroxycut SX-7 contains 45% chlorogenic acids which is the main active compound suggested for green coffee bean’s fat loss effects. Studies have used various levels of chlorogenic acids and found that 120-300mg of chlorogenic acid are able to support weight loss. At a 45% chlorogenic acid green coffee blend, at least 266mg of the blend is needed.
- Ashwagandha Root Extract – Ashwagandha is one of the most utilised plants in traditional Ayurvedic medicine and is well known for its ability to act as an adaptogen and reduces the perception of stress.
- Rhodiola Root Extract – Rhodiola rosea is a herb that is used both in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Scandinavian remedies for physical and cognitive issues. As with Ashwagandha, it has shown promise in alleviating fatigue and can do so at doses as low as 50mg.
- Yacon Root – One of the latest trending fat loss compounds, Yacon syrup has been used previously to support weight loss via appetite suppression.
- Oregano Leaf Extract – Oregano is a well known herb which has some evidence for its use as a natural stimulant by enhancing natural vigilance. However, these effects have only been published in patents for the use of oregano extracts and not in actually studies.
- Blue Ginseng Leaf Extract – Also known as Gynostemma pentaphyllum, this Traditional Chinese Medicine herb is best known for its adaptogenic nature and was often used as a replacement for ginseng.
- Wakame Leaf Extract – A seaweed extract which provides the active compound fucoxanthin, which is well known for its ability to affect fat metabolism by encouraging greater fat burning and less fat cell differentiation.
Muscletech’s new Hydroxycut SX-7 Stim Free is a clever mixture of fat loss, adaptogenic and cognitive enhancing ingredients. Perhaps one of its strongest points is that the supplement is completely stimulant free (aside from the possible stimulatory nature of oregano leaf extract), making it an ideal fat loss supplement for those already on pre-workouts or other fat loss supplements. It is also ideal for coffee drinkers not wanting to overstimulate themselves, but still wanting a supplement to assist with weight loss.
Hydroxycut SX-7 Stim Free Cons
Hydroxycut SX-7 for the most part contains a range of excellent ingredients with some excellent research behind it. However some of the ingredients don’t have as much basis for their inclusion with only a couple of studies addressing their functions. Yacon syrup, oregano leaf extract and blue ginseng are prime examples with good promise, but few initial human studies. The absence of caffeine and other typical stimulants may be the supplement’s main selling point, but it is also one of the most effective fat loss ingredients and range of ingredients there is.
Hydroxycut SX-7 Stim Free Taste & Mixability
Muscletech Hydroxycut SX-7 Stim Free is only currently available in pill form in a 70 capsule container.
Hydroxycut SX-7 Stim Free Verdict
Muscletech made a very wise decision in bringing out the stim free version of the Hydroxycut SX-7. A good majority of trainers these days would be already on some form of supplement with stimulants, whether it be a pre-workout or a stimulated fat burner. And the rest would most likely already be regular coffee drinkers. As such, a good stim free fat burner with a host of studied and effective ingredients can definitely help to expedite your fat loss goals without having you give up caffeine or other supplements which may also be helping you. If you had the choice, Hydroxycut SX-7 Stim Free would not be a first port of call for a fat burner, but it does have several advantages over the more traditional type of fat burners.O. Dellalibera, B. Lemaire, and S. Lafay, “Svetol_, green coffee extract, induces weight loss and increases the lean to fat mass ratio in volunteers with overweight problem,” Phytotherapie, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 194–197, 2006
Singh B, et al. Adaptogenic activity of a novel, withanolide-free aqueous fraction from the roots of Withania somnifera Dun. Phytother Res. (2001)
Hung SK, Perry R, Ernst E. The effectiveness and efficacy of Rhodiola rosea L.: a systematic review of randomized clinical trials. Phytomedicine. (2011)
Genta S, et al. Yacon syrup: beneficial effects on obesity and insulin resistance in humans. Clin Nutr. (2009)
Fowler A et al. Oregano extract and its components for enhancing vigilance. http://www.google.com/patents/US20110070326. Last Accessed 5th Feb 2014
Liu SB, Lin R, Hu ZH (February 2005). "Histochemical localization of ginsenosides in Gynostemma pentaphyllum and the content changes of total gypenosides [Chinese]". Shih Yen Sheng Wu Hsueh Pao: Journal of Experimental Biology 38 (1): 54–60.
Abidov M, et al. The effects of Xanthigen in the weight management of obese premenopausal women with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and normal liver fat. Diabetes Obes Metab. (2010)