GEAR or Genetically Enhanced Anabolic Research are one of the most exciting new supplement companies of 2013. Backed by Liz Gaspari, wife of bodybuilding legend Rich Gaspari, Gear is poised to set the supplementing world on fire with the release of their supplements at the 2013 Mr Olympia weekend. One of these supplements will be Maxx Shock, a potent post workout formula.
GEAR Maxx Shock Post Workout Highlights
- Powerful blend of carbohydrates including glucose and waxy maize starch
- PeptoPro - hydrolysed casein protein with the highest percentage of di- and tri- peptides
- Effective blend of recovery and insulin spiking ingredients
GEAR Maxx Shock Post Workout Ingredients & Dosage
Gear Maxx Shock is said to be the ultimate insulinogenic post workout formula. It is made up of three complexes which include the Maxx Shock Glucose Volumizers, which is a blend of:
- Maltodextrin (glucose polymers)
- Waxy Maize Starch – A slow digesting but fast clearing carbohydrate
- TAT2™ – Also known as Theriomorphic Acid Technology which is Creapure creatine monohydrate bound to fulvic acid, a naturally acidic organic polymer.
- D-Pinitol - An ingredient that mimicks the actions of insulin.
Maxx Shock Insulin Potentiator, which is a blend of insulin drivers consisting of:
- Banaba leaf
- Cinnamon extract
- Gymnema sylvestre extract
- Alpha lipoic R isomer (ALA)
- Zinc gluconate
- Manganese gluconate
- Traacs brand chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate
- BMOV (bis maltolato oxo vanadium)
- PeptoPro – A very advanced hydrolysed casein
- Sustamine brand glutamine peptides
- Free form glutamine
GEAR Maxx Shock Post Workout Pros & Effectiveness
Post-workout formulations containing a serving of carbohydrates is great for recovery of glycogen and also helping to assist in the shuffling of proteins and creatine into the muscle. Although Maxx Shock is not very high in carbs, it does contain a solid wack of what seems like every possible insulin boosting ingredient under the sun. Together, these carbs and insulin drivers help to boost the insulin response immediatelt after workout, when it is needed most.
PeptoPro, a hydrolysed casein, is one of the best if not THE best hydrolysed proteins around due to it containing the highest percentage of di- and tri- peptides, which are the fastest absorbing components of hydrolysed whey. These two ingredients alone make Maxx Shock an exciting post-workout recovery supplement and one ideal for promoting muscle growth.
GEAR Maxx Shock Post Workout Cons
TAT2 is a completely novel ingredient for this product category and it makes Maxx Shock a unique product. Its active component, fulvic acid is interesting with claims that it can support increased absorption of nutrients and nitric oxide synthesis. However there needs to be more research to conclusively support these claims.
Maxx Shock, although relatively comprehensive in its ingredient make up, is not complete post workout supplement. It does not provide adequate protein for maintaining muscle building for very long, so we recommend paring it with a protein shake at the very least.
GEAR Maxx Shock Post Workout Taste & Mixability
Gear Maxx Shock is a pleasant fruity beverage that mixes well and is easy to drink. Fans of Gaspari products will instantly be familiar with its flavours and will like it too.
GEAR Maxx Shock Post Workout Verdict
Gear Maxx Shock is definitely an interesting and innovative supplement. Post workout nutrition is one of the most vital supplementation windows and the right supplement will mean the difference between good results and great results. Maxx Shock appears to be a supplement that will offer you the latter; a good sign for Gear.