Tips For Bodybuilding Sucess Using Your Mind
Isn’t Bodybulding Just About Training The Muscles? The body will not fully respond to training until you understand how to train the mind as well. Negative Energy can work against you, or you can use it in your favour to give great workouts and build a physique that exceeds your expectations.
The Power of The Mind. The power of the mind has been demonstrated by many sporting greats, including Michael Jordan. Whilst mechanical skill is important, it is not enough, and the power of great sporting figures’ minds made them the champions that they are. The power of the mind has enabled people to walk on coals when they are sufficiently motivated. The mind enables them to succeed despite significant pain, odds and obstacles.
Use Your Mind For Muscle
- Vision – have a clear vision of where you want to go, and what you want to achieve. As Arnold said, “Where the mind goes, the body will follow.” When you have to have a clear vision of yourself achieving your goals and when your vision is powerful enough, everything else falls into place. This includes how you live your life, your workouts, you friends you associate with, your eating, and how you recreate. Vision is purpose and when it’s clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and thus willpower is created. Having faith means that there is no anxiety or doubt, just absolute confidence.
- Visualisation – Bodybuilding is more involved than gaining size, it’s about mass, shape, symmetry and definition. Picture in your mind the kind of physique you need to build in order to achieve your goals. When you look back in the mirror, you have to see yourself as you are, as well as how you want to be as well. See in your mind the masses of muscle you will be creating. By focussing on these such changes, you gives your mind a clear and well-defined goal to strive for.
- Role Models – Use role models that have the kind of development you desire for inspiration. When you finding someone who represents your ideal physique, study as many photos of him as you can. Place these photos on your wall to keep your mind focused on the task ahead.
- Motivation is the driving force that allows you to develop purpose that gives you the will do train and put yourself through punishing workouts. Motivation creates discipline, which comes from the joy of looking forward to achieving your goal you can now picture clearly in your mind.
- Training strategy – beyond visualising the end product of your training, you should decide exactly what kind of development you need in each of the major muscle groups and decide which exercises will achieve this.
The Mind & Bodybuilding
Clearly, the key to success in your workouts is to get the mind into the muscle, rather than thinking about the weight itself. With the mind engaged in your training, you need to stretch and contract the muscle with deep concentration, rather than just exerting brute strength. The power of the mind has been demonstrated by many sporting greats indicating that without a clear goal and strategy in their mind, chances are their success both on and off the sporting field will be compromised.