Scissor Crunches - Muscles Worked & Benefits
Exercise Type: Multi-joint
Primary Muscles Worked: Abdominals
Designed to work the upper and lower abs, Scissor Crunches take a lot of effort to maintain control and stability throughout each rep. If you complete each movement deliberately, contracting the abs on the way up and down, you will see the results immediately particularly in the upper abs.
Scissor Crunches - Exercise Workout & Technique
- Lie down on the floor, knees bent, feet flat on the floor and hands besides your ears.
- Similar to the crunch, slowly raise your shoulders off the ground. At the same time, bring your knees towards your torso. Exhale as you perform this movement.
- At the end point of contraction, where you knees are closest to your body, squeeze and hold.
- Inhale and return to the starting position with your torso almost parallel to the floor and feet almost touching the floor.
- Repeat for the specified amount of reps.
Scissor Crunches - Tips & Safety
- Keep all reps slow and controlled, ensuring that you crunch at the peak of the movement.
- Ensure that you squeeze your torso and ribcage at the top of the Scissor Crunch and resist with your abs on the way down.
Scissor Crunches - Alternatives
- Try Seated Leg Tucks to work you upper and lower abs in an even more challenging abdominal training technique.