Redbak, one of Australia’s most popular protein specialists have recently revamped a large chunk of their product range. One such product to receive the facelift is Redbak Rapid Soy Isolate (previously known as V-Soy Protein), a high quality soy protein powder. Rapid Soy Isolate provides an alternative, non-dairy protein that is more than just a pretty face.
Redbak Rapid Soy Isolate Highlights
- Excellent lactose and gluten-free alternative to dairy-based proteins
- Very high protein content (88%)
- Low in carbs (3.3%) and fat (3.7%)
- Glutamine, taurine, vitamins, and mineral fortified
Redbak Rapid Soy Isolate Ingredients & Doses
Rapid Soy is not just a regular soy protein powder. It uses an excellent range of ingredients which justify Redbak’s use of the word “premium”:
- Soy protein isolate – a refined and highly purified form of soy protein to ensure the highest protein content and minimal levels of unwanted carbohydrates and fats.
- Glutamine & taurine – fortified to give the protein a more attractive amino acid profile to promote recovery and muscle building.
- Vitamins & minerals – added vitamins and minerals to make Rapid Soy Isolate a more nutritionally balanced product to support overall health and wellbeing.
Each 30 g serving provides a more than respectable 25 g protein, 4.6 g BCAAs, 1 g carbohydrates, 0.2 g sugar, 1.1 g fat, and a modest 117 calories.
Redbak Rapid Soy Isolate Pros & Effectiveness
Redbak Rapid Soy is one of the few high quality soy proteins made by a large, reputable supplier. This means that you don’t have to look elsewhere for an alternative source of protein if you are a big fan of Redbak.
With the high protein content (88%) and generous dose of BCAAs, Rapid Soy is a pure and fast digesting protein powder that can easily support some pretty solid, vegan friendly, dairy-free, and gluten-free muscle gains. Taken on a daily basis, Rapid Soy can help even the most demanding individuals meet their daily protein requirements. For those that already do consume dairy, adding a bit of soy protein can actually help increase gains through providing a complementary source of protein.
Redbak Rapid Soy Isolate Cons
Although soy protein is considered to be “complete”, it is generally well accepted that it is not superior to whey protein, when used as a sole source of protein for muscle building. This is something to keep in mind if you are considering an unnecessary switch. However, adding soy protein to a whey protein most certainly has its benefits.
Redbak Rapid Soy Isolate Taste & Mixability
Rapid Soy mixes easily with water into a smooth, and well textured shake. Fans of soy protein will be instantly familiar and happy with the distinctive and soy taste accompanied by unobtrusive flavouring agents. Unfortunately, you are unlikely to be spoilt for choice as Rapid Soy only comes in chocolate and vanilla flavours.
Redbak Rapid Soy Isolate Verdict
Redback Rapid Soy Isolate is one of the best soy proteins currently available on the market. With its added amino acids, vitamins, and minerals, Rapid Soy is an excellent alternative for those that cannot or choose not to use dairy based protein for faster recovery in their quest for muscle.