Pure Supps Pure Custard is the protein of choice for anyone after top-quality micellar casein protein without the premium price tag. Pure Custard is ideal as a night-time protein supplement to support lean muscle gains and maximise recovery. With a delicious taste, Pure Custard is the best value quality casein available.
Pure Supps Pure Custard Benefits
- Slow Protein Release to Fuel Muscles for up to 12 hours
- Ideal Protein Source for Use Any Time of Day
- May Help to Maintain a Positive Nitrogen Balance Day and Night
- Great Value with a Delicious Taste
The Pure Supps Return Guarantee
While Pure Supps products are manufactured according to strict quality standards in approved Australian facilities and formulated to provide the best results for active individuals, we understand that there are circumstances in which individuals may not be happy with their product. For this reason, if you happen to be unsatisfied with any Pure Supps product, you can return it to your place of purchase within 30 days for a FULL REFUND - no questions asked.
- Is Pure Custard low in carbs?
Yes, Pure Supps Custard is extremely low in carbs. Each serve contains less than 2g of carbs.
- Is Pure Custard suitable for women?
Yes, Pure Supps Pure Custard is suitable for both men and women.
- How many servings in a 1kg bag?
There are 33 servings in a 1kg bag of Pure Supps Pure Custard.
- Is this product high in calories?
No, Pure Supps Pure Custard is very low in calories, with only 102-106 calories per serving (depending on flavour).
- Does Pure Custard contain caffeine?
No, Pure Supps Custard does not contain any caffeine.
- When is the best time to take Pure Custard?
The ideal time to take Pure Supps Custard is before bed, as casein is a slow digesting protein. Using casein before bed will optimise your body's ability to repair muscles.
- How many grams of protein in one serving?
One serving of Pure Supps Pure Custard contains 24grams of protein.
- What flavours does Pure Custard come in?
Pure Supps Pure Custard comes in three delicious flavours:
- What should I stack Custard with?
Pure Supps Pure Custard will stack with a lot of different supplements. Some common combinations are casein with creatine, glutamine, herbal sleep aids, and even whey protein, for a full spectrum of slow and fast acting proteins.
The high calcium content in casein can interfere with the absorption of minerals like iron, zinc and magnesium, so it is recommended to wait an hour between taking these types of supplements and casein.
- What is casein intolerance?
Casein intolerance occurs when the body has trouble digesting casein. Casein intolerance has similar symptoms to lactose intolerance, and include bloating and gas, stomach cramps and diarrhoea.
Like lactose intolerance, the symptoms of casein intolerance are caused by this protein passing through to the lower bowel in an undigested form. Quite often, the intolerant individual has some capacity to digest casein, but has overloaded this capacity by taking too large a dose.
In this case, trialling a smaller dose of casein may alleviate the symptoms.
Casein intolerance is not the same as an allergy, which can have life threatening symptoms and is something that is generally diagnosed by a medical professional.
- Why do people take casein before bed?
Sleep is when the body repairs itself and lays down new muscle. To do this, your body needs a ready supply of amino acids, which are the building blocks of muscle.
Casein is the perfect protein to keep the body supplied with amino acids during sleep because it has a unique property - When casein meets the acid in the stomach, it reacts to form a protein mass which can take up to seven hours to digest, slowly releasing amino acids to the muscles throughout the entire sleeping period.
Other proteins, like whey, are digested a lot faster, so the muscles would not have the steady supply of amino acids throughout the night that they get with casein.
- Casein vs Whey - What is the difference between casein and whey?
Casein and whey are both dairy proteins. Casein makes up about 80% of the protein in cow's milk while whey accounts for the remaining 20%. They are both rich in essential amino acids, including BCAAs, and both have a high biological value.
The biggest difference between the two proteins is the speed of digestion. Whey is digested rapidly, so it is great after a workout, or any time you need a quick protein hit. Casein, on the other hand, reacts with the acid in the stomach to form a solid mass of protein which is digested slowly over many hours, supplying the body with amino acids over a sustained period of time.
Casein is often called a night protein, because many people take it before bed to deliver amino acids during sleep, which is the time when the body repairs damage and lays down new muscle fibres. Using casein before bed optimises your body's ability to build muscle.
Highly recommend this Pure Supps product.