USPLabs have had a dominating presence in the sports and bodybuilding nutrition and supplement industry ever since the creation of their famed pre-workout supplement Jack3d. With other excellent products such as OxyElite, USPLabs have really stepped up the game in 2013 with new releases including their first venture into the protein side of supplements with OxyElite Protein Powder. Let’s take a look at their new fat loss protein powder and see how it compares to other similar products.
USPLabs OxyElite Protein Powder Highlights
- Slow Digesting Protein Blend including Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate & Micellar Casein
- A Range of Fat Loss Ingredients Including Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Green Tea & Raspberry Ketones.
- Added Digestive Enzymes and Soluble Fibre - Polydextrose
USPLabs OxyElite Protein Powder Ingredients & Dosage
OxyElite Protein Powder will utilise slower digesting protein sources coupled with a fair few fat loss ingredients. Let’s breakdown the formula and see what the fat loss protein contains:
- Advanced Lean Protein Matrix – This matrix contains milk protein isolate containing whey and casein proteins, whey protein concentrate of 80% protein content as well as micellar casein.
- Polydextrose – An indigestible soluble fibre derived from glucose, polydextrose is an easy way to reduce calorie intake, provide a source of fibre for improved digestion and may also act as a prebiotic ingredient.
- Rapid Burn Lipid Complex – Consisting of high oleic sunflower oil and medium chain triglycerides. Also known as MCTs, these are shorter fatty acids which are preferentially metabolised and used for energy, which can spare the use of carbohydrates and muscle protein. Medium Chain Triglycerides are also said to improve fat oxidation and result in reduced food intake.
- Green Tea – A well known metabolism boosting ingredient which has been shown to support fat loss as well as overall health.
- Raspberry Ketones – The latest ingredient to fight fat loss, raspberry ketones are said to support fat loss via increased fat metabolism.
- Digestive Enzymes – Including amylase for carbohydrates and lactase for milk sugars; the combination of these enzymes will assist with digestion and absorption and reduction in negative stomach side effects.
Other ingredients included are flavours, sweeteners and other ingredients to help promote better mixing and taste profile of the supplement. Each 36g serving of OxyElite Protein Powder contains 144 calories, 23g of protein, 3.5g of fat and 2g of carbohydrates.
USPLabs OxyElite Protein Powder Pros & Effectiveness
OxyElite Protein Powder is a protein supplement aimed at supporting weight and fat loss without hitting you with stimulants. What this means, is that it is a perfect match for people currently taking specifically designed fat loss supplements or even pre-workouts to assist with meeting their weight loss goals. A focus back on slower digesting protein fractions (milk protein isolate, whey protein concentrate and micellar casein) is helpful for the average person as it sustains the amino acid delivery to their muscles; an important factor, especially if one is dieting. Most of the fat loss ingredients used are supported by research so OxyElite Protein Powder definitely offers you ingredients that will support your goal of fat loss.
USPLabs OxyElite Protein Powder Cons
USPLabs OxyElite Protein Powder is one of the first fat loss proteins introduced in the American supplement market. However in Australia, NZ and the Asia Pacific region, fat loss proteins aren’t new and surprisingly, some of the fat loss proteins here such as Elemental Nutrition Shredding Matrix, BSc Hydroyburn Pro Clinical and Max’s SuperShred appear to be as effective if not more so than OxyElite Protein Powder. The other issue with OxyElite Protein Powder is that although the ingredients used have been backed by research, the amounts contained in each serving is not stated – which proves a problem when trying to compare therapeutic values of these fat loss ingredients.
USPLabs OxyElite Protein Powder Taste & Mixability
USPLabs OxyElite Protein was available in two flavours; Milk Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, however has recently added two new flavours into the mix including Strawberry Cheesecake and Cookies & Cream. The protein tastes similar to Gaspari Myofusion with a slightly thick, milkshake like consistency and not overly sweet flavour. The flavours are quite nice and definitely a protein that can be taken in the long term. The protein is slightly grainy due to the casein proteins, however this adds to the texture and supports its role as a suitable and filling snack and meal replacement.
USPLabs OxyElite Protein Powder Verdict
OxyElite Protein Powder is an interesting product and one has to applaud them for finally putting their foot into the protein market. It’s a good starting effort and definitely a revolutionary product for the American market. It provides an excellent mix of slow proteins extremely suitable for those on a fat loss diet and some extra ingredients to support long term weight loss goals. USPLabs have made a perfect protein complement to the OxyElite Pro Fat Burner and is ideally stacked with a fat burner for best results.