Muscles Worked by One Arm Cable Pulls
Lats, Abs & the serratus muscles.
Exercise Type: Multi-joint
How to do One Arm Cable Pulls
- Position yourself so that you make contact with the floor with your knees, in front of a cable pulley machine.
- Take hold of a rope attachment connected to an overhead cable pulley, with an underhand grip.
- Use your lats to crunch down, moving your elbow in the direction of your knee on the same side. Flex the lats and serratus at this point, and hold.
- Allow the weight stack to rise, but in a controlled manner, so that you are ready to repeat the movement.
- Repeat for the desired rep range for that side, then repeat using the other arm.
One Arm Cable Pulls for Safety
Ensure that you maintain control of the weight at all times.