Neon Sport – the cost-effective offshoot of the widely popular and lauded supplement company Cellucor will be introducing a range of new products in 2013. One of their first releases will be titled Volt and will be their version of a pre-workout supplement. Let’s take a look at what’s inside Volt and how it compares to other pre-workouts.
Neon Sport Volt Pre-Workout Highlights
- Strongly researched ingredients including beta-alanine, caffeine, l-citrulline and rhodiola
- Creatine and nitrates free
Neon Sport Volt Pre-Workout Ingredients & Dosage
Neon Sport Volt is designed to be one of the strongest and most intense pre-workouts on the market today and has a recommended serving size of 5g. Let’s take a look the different ingredients in Neon Sport’s Volt:
- Beta-Alanine – Volt’s formula will revolve around beta-alanine, the commonly used anti-fatigue and endurance enhancing formula. According to the makers, Volt will contain 2 times more beta-alanine than most competing products when used at maximum dose (possibly 10g serve)
- Caffeine – A well studied ingredient known to enhance exercise performance, mental focus and thermogenesis.
- Rhodiola – A plant extract studied for its ability to improve the body’s adaptation to stress.
- Citrulline - A potent ingredient to help increase arginine levels in the body and assist with nitric oxide production.
- Agmatine Sulfate - An increasingly popular ingredient in pre-workouts, agmatine sulfate has neuroenhancing properties and may assist with pain and increased transport of glucose into muscles.
- Rauwolfia – Another plant extract which contains yohimbine, the effective and powerful thermogenic. Volt will most likely be reformulated before hitting Australian shores as the ingredient yohimbine is banned in Australia.
- NADH - Which stands for nicotinamide adenine nucleotide and hydrogen and is a compound that assists with energy production in the body.
- Olive Leaf Extract - Plant extract which is promoted as anti-ageing due to the presence of strong antioxidants.
Neon Sport Volt will not contain any creatine or nitrates, a massive deviation from Cellucor’s signature pre-workout C4.
Neon Sport Volt Pre-Workout Pros & Effectiveness
Made for people who say they ‘don’t feel pre-workouts’; from observing the ingredients, Volt will most definitely work. Beta-alanine, caffeine, citrulline and rhodiola are all ingredients which have been studied quite extensively and have been researched in the sporting and exercise context with positive results. It’s also extremely refreshing for Volt to contain few nitric oxide or ‘pump’ ingredients and focus mainly on reducing fatigue, improving performance and maximising endurance.
Neon Sport Volt Pre-Workout Cons
There’s few cons at this stage in time. Depending on what rauwolfia is replaced with in the Australian context will determine how good this supplement really is. It has also been proposed that a suggested single dose is 5g, definitely not an amount that would help those who say they ‘don’t feel pre-workouts’. The inclusion of olive leaf extract and NADH is a fairly average addition and could have been easily replaced.
Neon Sport Volt Pre-Workout Taste & Mixability
Neon Sport Volt will be initially released in 3 flavours; Electric Punch, Berry Pomegranate and Watermelon. It’s interesting that they have altered the name of their fruit punch flavour; most likely because it’s one of the most divisive flavours on the market today. Cellucor’s flavours and mixability of their pre-workout C4 has always been stellar, so there’s no reason why Volt won’t be as well.
Neon Sport Volt Pre-Workout Verdict
Neon Sport Volt is said to contain 36 5g servings, yet is suggested for those who don’t feel normal pre-workouts. It is also suggested for people who want the strongest and most intense products available. In terms of ingredients, one would need double the recommended dose to even rival some of the intense pre-workouts in the market today. But, if Neon Sport follows through with their desired agency to be a cost-effective supplement brand, then Volt will certainly make an impact.