Muscletech are one of the top sports and bodybuilding nutrition companies in the world and they’re set to become bigger. With 4 separate range of products catering to all types of people from the beginners to the advanced athletes, Muscletech have ramped up their campaign in 2013 with the release of a few products in their Performance Series, including Push 10, a stimulant free pre-workout powder. Let’s see how the supplement compares with other pre-workouts.
Muscletech Push 10 Highlights
- 5 well dosed active ingredients including GAKIC, Waxy Maize and Beta-Alanine
- Stimulant & Caffeine Free
Muscletech Push 10 Ingredients & Dosage
Muscletech’s Push 10 is an extremely simple supplement comprising of only 5 key active ingredients including:
- GAKIC – This registered compound was originally a supplement in itself released by Muscletech in its early days. Combining the three ingredients Arginine HCl (6g), Ketoisocaproic Acid Calcium (3.2g) and glycine (2g), GAKIC is supported by research showing its benefits in helping to reduce fatigue and increase the volume of exercise performed.
- Waxy Maize (8.8g) – Waxy Maize is a carbohydrate product which is said to help support endurance capacity and provides essential fuel for muscles, especially during longer or more intense workouts.
- Beta-Alanine (3.2g) – Beta-Alanine is a well researched ingredient which also helps to support improved endurance capacity and overall exercise performance.
Muscletech Push 10 Pros & Effective
Push 10 excels in its ability to provide adequately dosed ingredients based on the research. 11g of GAKIC and 3.2g of Beta-Alanine have been used in previous studies showing performance gains with these two ingredients. Carbohydrates such as waxy maize provide a source of energy for more intense and longer duration workouts. The absence of caffeine is a refreshing change and is perfect for those people already on fat loss supplements, many of which contain stimulants already.
Muscletech Push 10 Cons
There are few issues with Muscletech’s Push 10 pre-workout supplement. A full serve requires around 500mL or half a litre of water to mix with. While it is important to stay hydrated, some people might find this amount of water quite bloating and uncomfortable before a workout. While the absence of stimulants is good, caffeine is a notable ergogenic/performance enhancing ingredient and its absence might be missed – especially on those used to stimulated pre-workouts.
Muscletech Push 10 Taste & Mixability
Muscletech Push 10 currently comes in only two flavours; fruit punch, and watermelon. The default flavour choice, fruit punch is far from being the best – but at least not the worst. Watermelon is therefore the flavour of choice for Push 10. However, it would be no surprise if Muscletech soon decide to release additional flavours in the near future. On the flipside, Push 10 mixes extremely well with no residue and minimal frothing.
Muscletech Push 10 Verdict
Muscletech Push 10 is a well researched, well dosed stimulant free pre-workout supplement and perfect for those wanting to avoid over stimulating themselves before a workout or those also on other supplements containing caffeine. If Muscletech are able to push out a few more flavours, then Push 10 will definitely rank up their as one of their most popular supplements.