MusclePharm has never really focused on mass gainer supplements, but they’re set to introduce two more to complement Combat Black in the coming months. One of them is known as Clean Mass, while the latest one is known as MusclePharm Combat XL.
MusclePharm Combat XL Review & Ingredients
Combat XL is quite similar to Combat Black in that it is a mega gainer packed with calories. Its formula is an interesting mix of the Combat Black and Arnold Iron Mass and contains a blend of proteins and a unique blend of carbohydrates. The full listing of ingredients include:
- Combat XL Protein Blend – Whey protein concentrate, milk protein concentrate, micellar casein and hydrolysed whey protein isolate.
- Carb Blend - Sweet potato powder, inulin and brown rice flour
- Fat Blend – Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), flax seed oil powder
- Superfoods Blend – Alfalfa sprout powder, chia seed powder, quinoa powder, caraway seed powder and ginger root powder
- Digestive Enzymes – Protease, amylase and lactase
All other ingredients are mainly for flavouring and mixability purposes. Each whopping 332g serve provides 1270 calories, 50g of protein, 252g of carbohydrates and only 7g of fat. Combat XL is available in a 12lb or 5.4kg bag with only about 8 and a bit servings.
MusclePharm Combat XL Flavours & Taste
The new gainer from MusclePharm will be available in the two traditional flavours of Vanilla and Chocolate. Don’t expect any other flavours to be available any time soon though. In terms of the actual flavour, we’re banking on a semi-thick, semi-sweet protein that will mix quite well. The superfoods includes will probably give the Combat XL an interesting texture and a grainy and slightly green taste, but this will be covered by the actual flavours and the coconut notes. Once we get a hold of the product, we’ll be sure to let you know exactly how it tastes.
MusclePharm Combat XL Release Date
The new Combat XL from MusclePharm doesn’t have any official release dates yet, but it should be made available sometime in the next few months. We expect it to come out around June or July 2016.