MusclePharm Arnold Series - News
MusclePharm are one of the most well recognised and highly regarded supplement companies in the world and they’ve built their reputation extremely fast with a meteoric rise since 2008. This reputation includes a bucket of industry awards and one of the most iconic branding images in the supplement world. If MusclePharm were an athlete, they’ve just had their second wind with the release of a complete new line of supplements backed by one of the most iconic faces of bodybuilding; Mr Arnold Schwarzenegger.
With a career spanning over 40 years covering bases such as bodybuilding, acting, business and politics, his endorsement of a range of supplements was one of the most anticipated moves in the industry and possibly even trumps news of his plans to make Terminator 5 and Twins 2. As such we’ll take a quick look at the new range of supplements and any other details related to the range.
MusclePharm Iron Series
Original discussions and early industry news suggested that 7-8 products will be released, however it has since been confirmed that only 7 products will be released, at least initially. All of the supplements from the Arnold Schwarzenegger Series has the word ‘Iron’ in the title, most likely a reference to his iconic ‘Pumping Iron’ film, a documentary and drama about lifting weights, the bodybuilding industry and the lead-up to the Mr Olympia and Mr Universe competitions. The official names of all 7 supplements are:
- Iron Cre3 – A creatine supplement that appears to be modelled on an unreleased product from MusclePharm’s Nitrate Series called MusclePharm Cre-3. A review of the supplement and its ingredients can be found here - MusclePharm Arnold Schwarzenegger Iron Cre3 Review
- Iron Cuts – A novel fat burner supplement that aims to support optimal estrogen and cortisol levels. The product combines both anti-estrogen, testosterone boosting and post-workout ingredients along with a fat burning formula. You can read a review of the supplement here – MusclePharm Arnold Schwarzenegger Iron Cuts Review
- Iron Dream – A sleep aid based on MusclePharm's BulletProof formula with some added extras. A review of the supplement and its ingredients can be found here - MusclePharm Arnold Schwarzenegger Iron Dream Review
- Iron Pack – A comprehensive multivitamin and liver support supplement, most likely modelled on Universal’s Animal Pak; the review of which can be found here – MusclePharm Arnold Schwarzenegger Iron Pack Review
- Iron Pump – A creatine free pre-workout supplement based on the ingredient arginine nitrate. You can read the review of this supplement here – MusclePharm Arnold Schwarzenegger Iron Pump Review
- Iron Whey – A 100% whey protein product which will contains whey protein isolate, concentrate and hydrolysate (hydrolysed whey protein) containing whey protein peptides. A review of Iron Whey can be found here – MusclePharm Arnold Schwarzenegger Iron Whey Review
- Iron Mass – An innovative mass gain formula featuring beef protein, a range of novel carbohydrate and fat sources including hydrolysed beef protein, lactoferrin and whipped cream as some of the innovations of the product. The review of the supplement can be found her – MusclePharm Arnold Schwarzenegger Iron Mass Review
MusclePharm & Arnold Schwarzenegger Supplements
MusclePharm’s and Arnold’s strong entrepreneurial skills and expertise have help forged a supplement range that has been quite well received thanks to a range of innovative formulas, but mostly because of the Arnold name. The Arnold Schwarzenegger series of supplements is a fairly complete series of supplements with proteins, pre-workouts, fat burners, a sleep supplement, a creatine and a multivitamin in the mix. All that’s missing is a testosterone support supplement, however Iron Cuts does have some hormone support ingredients in the formula. One of the other better qualities about the range is the taste and mixability which are pretty phenomenal across the range. Even the mass gainer Iron Mass mixes well and has a smooth, creamy texture and a delicious malted chocolate taste. Finished with strong, bold and vivid packaging, the Arnold Series has all it takes to become a memorable and long running brand name.
MusclePharm Arnold Blueprint
MusclePharm are also said to be planning to complement the release of the Arnold Series of supplements with a set of educational training tools including an eBook and an app which will be collectively and tentatively titled ‘Arnold Blueprint’. Little is known about what both these products will contain, but the app will probably be modelled on popular and successful fitness apps such as ‘Fitness Buddy’ and ‘MyFitness Pal’.
Arnold Series Updates
While all products have been released so far, a few are still yet to make their way to the Australian and New Zealand markets. However, all of the supplements will in time make it to our shores and be available for sale. As previously mentioned, the original announcement for the series had 7 or 8 supplements in the range. While only 7 have come out, an eighth one is rumoured to be in the pipeline titled Iron Test. The potential testosterone support supplement has already garnered a big response and should begin to gain traction midway through 2014. Word is that Iron Test will be one of the best supplements in the range and what everyone has been waiting for. Stay tuned for more information as it develops.