Lying Cross Face Triceps Extensions - Muscles Worked & Benefits
Exercise Type: Single-joint
Primary Muscles Worked: Triceps
The Lying Cross Face Extension is a great exercise to develop and tone the triceps. By working the muscle at such an unusual angle the extension movement gives the full length of the tricep head a good workout.
Lying Cross Face Triceps Extensions - Exercise Workout & Technique
- Position yourself with your back, shoulder blades, and sacrum making firm contact with the flat bench.
- You head is to be placed on the end of the bench and your feet on the floor
- Take a dumbbell in the arm which you want to train first.
- Inhale, bending at the elbow joint and bring your forearm down to the other shoulder.
- Exhale and extend this arm back to the starting position, locking your elbow. Pause.
- When you’ve completed the necessary repetitions for that arm, change to the other side. Rest, then repeat.
Lying Cross Face Triceps Extensions - Tips & Safety
- Keep control of the dumbbell for the sake of the effectiveness of the exercise, as well as to stop yourself from hitting yourself in the head.
- If you are new to the exercise, consider using lighter weights to get used to the movement of the exercise.
Lying Cross Face Triceps Extensions - Alternatives
- Change the angle of movement of the working arm for different emphasis.