Image Sports is the new brand coming from the group behind EXT Sports and BPI Sports. Launching an all out assault in 2013, Image Sports has released a massive range of products. One of these products is their pump product Vein. Aimed at promoting muscle fullness, let’s see what’s in Vein and how you can incorporate it into your supplement routine.
Image Sports Vein Highlights
- 5 Active Ingredients within a Novel Proprietary Formula
- Excellent Taste & Mixability
Image Sports Vein Ingredients & Dosage
Image Sports Vein is a peri-workout supplement that can be used either before, during and after your workouts. Vein contains 5 active ingredients in a Vein Proprietary Blend (2000mg):
- Glycerol – A sweet tasting compound that has humectant abilities, that is they help keep things moist. As such, it is commonly used in pump or rehydration products as a way of keeping water retained in cells.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine – A more bioavailable supplier of carnitine, acetyl l-carnitine may help with supporting energy metabolism as well as supporting optimal cognitive function.
- Red Sage (Root) – Also known as Salvia miltiorrhiza, the plant has long been used in traditional Chinese medicine for its ability to thin blood and reducing its clotting ability and allowing for smoother flow.
- African Palmyra Palm (Young Shoot) – Little is known about this plant native to Africa. The Asian version has fruit which is said to assist with hydration and helping with serum blood glucose levels.
- Quebracho Blanco (Bark) – The bark has been used in South America for both fat loss and for erectile dysfunction – perhaps due to the stimulatory properties of its compounds.
Other than those ingredients, Image Sports Vein contains some maltodextrin, flavours and sweeteners.
Image Sports Vein Pros & Effectiveness
Image Sports Vein takes after many of BPI Sports products in that they utilise a variety of novel ingredients. Whilst glycerol and acetyl l-carnitine have plenty of research supporting their functions, the plant extracts prove to be a problem. While they have been used to assist with water retention and blood flow in traditional settings, modern science has not caught up with these purported claims. There’s a strong possibility that Image Sports Vein will afford you some results – the magnitude of which though will be an individual response.
Image Sports Vein Cons
As previously mentioned, it’s always good to be both admiring and cautious of products that utilise novel botanical extracts. While Red Sage has at least a bit of research, the other two extracts are a gamble – nevertheless, given the reputation of the parent company, it could be a gamble that pays off.
Image Sports Vein Taste & Mixability
Image Sports Vein will no doubt employ the great tasting technology behind popular products from its interbrand counterparts such as BPI Blox. As such, there is no doubt that it will not only taste good, but also mix well.
Image Sports Vein Verdict
Image Sports as with BPI Sports are going to be innovative and Vein is a testament to that notion. In this industry, that is a good thing, because unless you’re willing to take chances on certain ingredients and concoctions, you’re stuck with mediocrity. Image Sports Vein however is more of an image enhancing supplement rather than a performance enhancing supplement.