Giant Sports has been a stalwart company ever since its inception late 2012. Over the past year or so, they’ve developed and grown into a very reputable company thanks to really good products that not only work, but taste great. With only 2 products in its arsenal so far, Giant Sports are releasing their first pre-workout supplement called Metabolic BioShock. An exciting release, let’s examine what’s in the supplement and how it ranks amongst other pre-workouts.
Giant Sports Metabolic BioShock Highlights
- Innovative Non-Concentrated Pre-Workout - 800g & 40 Serves
- 24 Individual Active Ingredients including caffeine, creatine, white tea extract, carnitine and glucosamine to name a few.
- Provides a variety of benefits including supporting energy levels, hydration, muscle protein synthesis, joint health, oxidative damage, focus and attention.
Giant Sports Metabolic BioShock Ingredients & Dosage
Giant Sports have gone for an unconcentrated pre-workout with a 16.75g dose of 24 individual active ingredients. These include:
- Vitamins and Minerals – Metabolic BioShock contains a range of vitamins and minerals including Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Zinc and Vitamins B5, D and K.
- Creatine Blend – Metabolic BioShock contains 2 types of creatine; MagnaPowerTM (Magnesium Creatine Chelate) and Instantized and Micronized Creatine Monohydrate.
- Amino Acids – A range of amino acid and amino acid like compounds are included in the supplement such as a 4:1:1 BCAA concoction, CarniPureTM (L-Carnitine Tartrate), Glutamine Nitrate, Tyrosine, Taurine and L-Aspartic Acid.
- Joint Support Ingredients – Including the two major ones; MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) and Glucosamine HCL.
- Stimulant Ingredients – Including Caffeine and Bai MudanTM (White Peony Tea Extract)
- Antioxidant Ingredients – Including Q20TM (Co-enzyme Q10 complex) and StilbenoxTM (grape extract)
Giant Sports Metabolic BioShock also contains some other ingredients such as Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium GlyceroPhosphate and Zinc bis-Glycinate Chelate. There is about a high percentage of active ingredients in Metabolic BioShock (between 90-95%). The pre-workout will be 800g meaning they’ll be roughly 40 servings per tub, however, the recommended serve is two scoops which results in 20 serves per tub.
Giant Sports Metabolic BioShock Pros & Effectiveness
Giant Sports Metabolic BioShock is definitely a well rounded pre-workout supplement. With ingredients to assist with supporting energy levels, hydration, muscle protein synthesis, joint health, oxidative damage, focus and attention; the supplement seems to be able to do it all. Unlike so many other pre-workouts, the level of stimulants in the product aren’t very high, making it a good product for those who want a bit of energy but not a giant kick followed by a giant crash. As a supplement, it’s fairly well dosed in most ingredients and in all the ingredients if using the recommended dose. Metabolic BioShock should provide new pre-workout supplement users a great entry into the world of pre-workouts.
Giant Sports Metabolic BioShock Cons
Metabolic BioShock reminds me of a kid who got too excited at a candy store and decided to sample a little bit of everything. While most of the ingredients are well dosed, there are some ingredients which aren’t such as creatine for example. Giant Sports have taken a completely different direction to many other pre-workouts with the exclusion of some common pre-workout ingredients such as beta-alanine, citrulline and arginine in favour of novel pre-workout ingredients such as glucosamine, MSM and White Peony Tea Extract to name a few. A bold move, time will tell just how effective people find this departure to be.
Giant Sports Metabolic BioShock Taste & Mixability
Metabolic BioShock will be released in 3 flavours including fruit punch, blue raspberry and lemonade flavour. If BioShock can replicate the taste and mixability profile of Delicious Protein, then it will be a very well received product in these regards.
Giant Sports Metabolic BioShock Verdict
Giant Sports Metabolic BioShock is definitely a novel supplement using ingredients that you wouldn’t find in your run of the mill pre-workout. Whether this departure from commonly used ingredients works in their favour, only time will tell, but if one things for sure, it’s that Giant Sports will want to continue their good run of successful supplements with their latest entry. Metabolic BioShock is a great entry level supplement for beginner users of pre-workouts but may not offer much for those used to powerful stimulated pre-workouts. However, they are committed and claim to provide the user with proper studied doses of the active ingredients and avoids micro-dosing ingredients as a way of cost-cutting and profiteering; a noble move from an exciting new company.