Giant Sports are a relatively new company in the world of sports and bodybuilding supplements. One of their first products; their Delicious Protein was well received for both its flavour and taste profile as well as for its nutritional content. One of their latest products is their fat loss thermogenic Dexamine. Let’s take a look at what Dexamine contains and how it compares as a fat loss supplement.
Giant Sports Dexamine Highlights
- 7 active ingredients including caffeine, bitter orange extract and black and green tea extracts.
- Synergistic action of ingredients
- Easy to swallow capsules and convenient dose.
Giant Sports Dexamine Ingredients & Dosage
Giant Sports Dexamine is a capsule form supplements that contains 7 key active ingredients. You have your common ingredients such as caffeine, black tea and green tea extracts which has been shown to support weight loss and fat loss. Other ingredients include:
- Erythropalum Scandens – A fruit common in South East Asia which may be able to affect blood glucose levels as well as improve cholesterol fractions.
- Hordenine – A plant derived compound that may possess the ability to stimulate the cardiovascular, respiratory and nervous systems.
- Red Marine Algae (Gelidium Crinale) – A plant high in nutrients, extract of which have also been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects.
- Advantra-Z – A patented extract from bitter oranges which contain the compounds synephrine and N-methyltyramine which have stimulatory properties, especially on certain receptors that control fat metabolism.
Each capsule contains 455mg of the ingredients in a proprietary formula.
Giant Sports Dexamine Pros & Effectiveness
Dexamine contains some excellent ingredients including caffeine and tea extracts which have plenty of research supporting its role in weight and fat loss. The use of the Advantra-Z extract is excellent as studies have shown the compounds contained in bitter orange extract to be successful for weight loss and fat loss and may work synergistically or better in the presence of caffeine. In just one pill, Dexamine offers a simple and convenient way to support dietary and exercises changes for weight loss.
Giant Sports Dexamine Cons
The inclusion of Erythropalum Scandens, Hordenine and the red marine algae Gelidium Crinale are interesting choices. The first and last ingredients have very little research backing its effectiveness for weight or fat loss. Hordenine, whilst having stimulatory properties, seems to only do so when administered through injections. In addition, with 7 ingredients and a small dose of 455mg per capsule, one wonders whether there are therapeutic amounts of the ingredients per serve.
Giant Sports Dexamine Verdict
Giant Sports came out with an excellent initial product with their Delicious Protein. Dexamine, whilst being promising in parts, seems to contain some ingredients lacking in research. Having said that, whether Dexamine is effective or ineffective is hard to discern due to the lack of research, but that’s not to say it won’t work. It still contains caffeine, bitter orange extract and tea extracts which are extremely beneficial, however it might be prudent to have 2 capsules per day in order to get therapeutic amounts of the ingredients.