Gaspari Nutrition have long been one of the most revered supplement companies in the industry and one of the most well respected thanks to a range of popular and effective products such as MyoFusion, SizeOn and Aminolast. Since the release of their new pre-workout SuperDrive earlier in 2013, Gaspari Nutrition have been relatively quiet however have decided to release 2 more products late in 2013 with one of them being a flavoured carnitine supplement known simply as Carnipure.
Gaspari Carnipure Highlights
- 2g of Carnipure L-Carnitine L-Tartrate Per Serve
Gaspari Carnipure Ingredients & Dosage
Gaspari Nutrition Carnipure is a single ingredient supplement that only contains carnitine in the form of L-carnitine L-Tartrate. Each recommended serving of Carnipure provides 2g of Carnitine Tartrate.
Gaspari Carnipure Pros & Effectiveness
Gaspari Nutrition loves to use Carnipure and they’ve been doing it for awhile with Superpump Max, Anavite and Superdrive all utilising Carnipure as part of their formulation. While the use of carnitine has not shown any conclusive benefits for exercise performance (except perhaps a small improvement in aerobic endurance1), the use of carnitine in the form of Carnipure has been consistently shown to support recovery and reduced muscle damage. Supplementation with carnitine tartrate has been shown to positively affect free radical formation, muscle tissue disruption and muscle soreness after physical activity, both aerobic and anaerobic.2,3,4,5 Improved recovery and reduced muscle soreness can help you get back into the gym faster so you can reach your goals sooner.
Carnitine supplementation is also strongly associated with improved cognitive and mental performance; which is vital in sports competitions and training and ensure that your sessions are completed quickly and with greater focus.
Gaspari Carnipure Cons
There aren’t any negatives per se with Gaspari Carnipure. It isn’t the most essential of supplements, but for the trainer who trains frequently and at quite high intensities, it may be a useful supplement to help get you back into the gym sooner rather than waiting around for your body to recover.
Gaspari Carnipure Taste & Mixability
Gaspari Nutrition Carnipure will be initially available in 3 main flavours including: Fruit Punch, Orange Mango and Strawberry Kiwi. All flavours are extremely tasty and could easily pass off as cordial. Carnipure mixes extremely well with no residue and moderate frothing which dissipates rapidly. Overall, taste is not going to be much of an issue and the range of flavours are similar to many of their other products so can be easily mixed and matched.
Gaspari Carnipure Verdict
Gaspari Carnipure is not the most revolutionary of supplements nor is it the most important of supplements, but it is an extremely versatile supplement which can be used in a variety of situations. Endurance trainers, trainers who train at quite high intensities and CrossFit trainers should all benefit from the positive benefits of Carnipure as well as trainers wanting a stimulant free pre-workout or simply want to add to their current pre-workout supplements. Single ingredient supplements are always a tough venture, but with Carnipure, at least you know it’s backed by research and a notable supplement company.
1.Cha YS, et al. Effects of carnitine coingested caffeine on carnitine metabolism and endurance capacity in athletes. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). (2001)
2. Volek JS, et al. L-Carnitine L-tartrate supplementation favorably affects markers of recovery from exercise stress. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. (2002
3. Kraemer WJ, et al. The effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation on hormonal responses to resistance exercise and recovery. J Strength Cond Res. (2003)
4. Spiering BA, et al. Effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation on muscle oxygenation responses to resistance exercise. J Strength Cond Res. (2008)
5. Ho JY, Kraemer WJ, Volek JS, Fragala MS, Thomas GA, Dunn-Lewis C, Coday M, Häkkinen K, Maresh CM. ‘l-Carnitine l-tartrate supplementation favorably affects biochemical markers of recovery from physical exertion in middle-aged men and women.’ Metabolism. 2010 Aug;59(8):1190-9. doi: 10.1016/j.metabol.2009.11.012. Epub 2009 Dec 31.