Fuel:One are the latest company from the Iovate Health Sciences Group, who are responsible for such big name brands as Muscletech, Hydroxycut and Xenadrine. Targeted for a April/May launch in 2014, the company will release 8 supplement initially with one of them being a lean mass builder protein supplement known as Mass Build.
Fuel:One Mass Build Highlights
- Lean Mass Gainer with an more even ratio of protein to carbohydrates.
Fuel:One Mass Build Ingredients & Dosage
No details have been released for Mass Build, however judging by the name, the product will most likely be a mass gain supplement. Any decent start up supplement company should include in their range of products a quality mass gainer. Mass Build will most likely play it safe with a medium calorie gainer with a more even ratio of carbohydrates to protein. The formula for Mass Build will most likely be:
- Carbohydrates (40%) – Made from a variety of carb sources, however with most on them being on the slower absorption end of the spectrum.
- Protein (40%) – A multi-phase protein blend featuring whey protein isolates, concentrates and hydrolysates as well as casein proteins and egg proteins.
- Fat (20%) – There’s a growing trend for higher fat content in mass gainers with growing interest in medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) as a more readily available lipid source.
- Added Ergogenics – The usual creatine, beta-alanine, alanine, glycine and branched chain amino acids will most likely make a showing. There may also be a possible added inclusion of bioactive milk compounds including lactoferrin, immunoglobulins, glycomacropeptides to name a few.
Mass Build will most likely be available in similar sizes to most other weight gain protein powders so we’re looking at anywhere between 2kg to 5kgs.
Fuel:One Mass Build Pros & Effectiveness
Lean Mass Gainers are protein powders which are designed for people wanting to bulk, but without gaining too much erroneous fat. They’re ideal for people who can gain weight fairly easily, but who want that added convenience of a liquid supplement. Lean mass gainers are also great as recovery supplements, providing plenty of carbohydrates along with protein for glycogen replenishment and muscle recovery respectively.
Fuel:One Mass Build Cons
As few details have been released so far, it’s hard to write about any negatives of the supplement, but once more details are released, we’ll be sure to update this section.
Fuel:One Mass Build Taste & Mixability
The biggest brand under the Iovate name; Muscletech are well known for some excellent tasting and easy to mix proteins such as Nitro-Tech and Phase 8. No doubt, Fuel:One will also benefit from the flavouring technology so well utilised by Muscletech.
Fuel:One Mass Build Verdict
Fuel:One is looking to be a great start-up brand. Few new companies come out with so many supplements at the same time, but doing so gives the company credibility. A mass gainer is essential for any brand who dabbles in protein powders. With help from the Muscletech crew, there’s no doubt that Mass Build will have all the makings of a great weight gain protein powder.