Tips For Using Forced Reps For Bodybuilding
- What Are ‘Forced Reps?’ Forced Reps are manually assisted reps aimed at extending the time under tension of a particular set. By having a training partner give you a degree of help to complete a rep of an exercise, you are effectively making the muscles contract for a longer period of time.
- Do Forced Reps Increase The Level of Training Intensity? Whilst forced reps increase the discomfort of an exercise, they technically don’t increase the level of intensity, as the amount of weight you actually lift is less due to your training partner assisting you.
- Problems Associated With Forced Reps Anticipating Your Training Partner’s Assistance. As a result, you may not give an all out effort in the final reps.
- Bad form. Using forced reps gives many the excuse of using bad form, which can result in injury. Your training partner can also change the emphasis of the exercise by modifying the path of the exercise, which is not necessarily desirable.
- How Can I Get The Most Out Of Forced Reps? If it’s intensity you are after – perform forced reps on your own! This way you can ensure that you, not your training partner, is moving the weight with optimal intensity to ensure the development that you are striving for.