Fixed Bar Triceps Extensions - Muscles Worked & Benefits
Exercise Type: Single-joint
Primary Muscles Worked: Triceps
This exercise is great because it allows you to fully stretch the triceps more safely than any other tricep exercise. The Fixed Bar Tricep Extension is classed as an old school training technique but a good start for training your triceps. The tricep is a muscle which can be neglected when bodybuilding but is essential if your goal is to cultivate definition along the entire length of the arm. You will definitely feel the burn if you do it correctly.
Fixed Bar Triceps Extensions - Exercise Workout & Technique
- Kneel and lean forward facing down onto a horizontal bar at waist height in front of you. Grip the bar, your palms facing down, spaced shoulder-width apart.
- Inhale and lower your body down towards the floor holding onto the bar, bringing your head under the bar. Imagine as if you were trying to duck under the bar with your head.
- Exhale and bring yourself back up to the starting position, focusing on the triceps to bring you back.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Fixed Bar Triceps Extensions - Tips & Safety
- Keep the movement slow and controlled for maximum effectiveness.
- When returning to the starting position make sure your arms are locked out.
Fixed Bar Triceps Extensions - Alternatives
- Try Dips to develop the thickness of the triceps, particularly around the elbow.