Evogen Nutrition is a fairly new supplement company founded by Hany Rambod, who is a legend within the bodybuilding industry having trained the likes of Jay Cutler and Phil Heath just to name a few athletes. With a decent sized range of supplements already under the Evogen name, one of Evogen’s latest is EVP Plus, a variation of their popular pre-workout EVP. What’s in EVP Plus and how does it compare to other popular pre-workouts?
- Comprehensively formulated pre-workout supplement
- Designed to support pump, physical and mental performance as well as reducing muscle breakdown
- Delicious taste free from clumps or residue
Evogen EVP Plus Ingredients & Dosage
Evogen EVP Plus is a fairly concentrated pre-workout supplement which contains a variety of active ingredients to support energy, pump and decreasing muscle breakdown. EVP Plus contains 5 different complexes of ingredients including:
- Anabolic Catalyst – FUSIL or Fermented Ultra Soluble L-Leucine
- Nutrient Injection/Volumizing Complex – Containing ingredients such as L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Creatine Gluconate, Citrulline Malate, L-Arginine Pyroglutamate, L-Arginine L-Malate and L-Arginine Monohydrate Hydrochloride
- Anticatabolic /Recovery Complex – Includes L-Glutamine (Pharmaceutical Grade), Carnosyn® (Beta-Alanine), L-Glutamine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin and Pyridoxine
- ATP/Cognitive Enhancing Complex - Including L-Tyrosine, (Di-Potassium, Di-Calcium, Tri-Magnesium Phosphate), N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, Vinpocetine and Cyanocobalamin.
- EVP Plus/Energy Complex – A mixture of stimulants and energy support ingredients including Caffeine, B-Phenethylamine HCL, Mucuna Pruriens and Bioperine®
All the above ingredients are included in the 11.65g Evopoietin 1-Alpha proprietary blend. Each tub has 40 serves with each serving having 0g of carbohydrates or sugar.
Evogen EVP Plus Pros & Effectiveness
With so many ingredients in Evogen EVP Plus, it’s best to analyse each of the five complexes in detail to see the benefits of each.
- Anabolic Catalyst – Leucine is by far the most anabolic amino acids and its inclusion in a pre-workout is a great way to halt muscle protein breakdown.
- Nutrient Injection/Volumizing Complex – An excellent blend of pump ingredients including 4 different types of arginine and the more effective citrulline. Creatine gluconate is a bit of an odd ingredient in this complex. Creatine gluconate is a form of creatine bound to a glucose derivative. In essence though, the combination of pump enhancing ingredients and creatine should help shuffle the creatine faster into the working muscle.
- Anticatabolic /Recovery Complex – This complex contains our most abundant amino acid glutamine, which has long been an amino acid known to support recovery from exercise and also supporting the immune system. It also includes beta-alanine which is a well studied buffering agent to assist with faster recovery between sets of an exercise as well as a blend of B vitamins. Exercise stresses metabolic pathways which depend on B vitamins and supplementation is important for those who participate in frequent physical activity or who have poor diets.
- ATP/Cognitive Enhancing Complex – A good blend of ingredients to support improved blood flow to the brain and to support mental performance especially tyrosine and vinpocetine.
- EVP Plus/Energy Complex – A range of powerful stimulants as well as mucuna pruriens, which is a source of L-DOPA, important for the production of hormones such as adrenaline. It has also been shown to support increased circulating growth hormone in trained men.
Evogen EVP Plus Cons
EVogen EVP Plus is a well thought out product and has very little negatives. It does utilise a proprietary formula, which makes it hard for the consumer to know just how much of each ingredient there is in the product. This can make it hard to know if the above ingredients are included in therapeutically active amounts. With over 11g though, most of the ingredients should be well dosed, save for perhaps creatine, citrulline and beta-alanine. However, since you can up to 3 scoops, you can easily ensure the ingredients are at suitable doses.
Evogen EVP Plus Taste & Mixability
Evogen EVP Plus is only available in one flavour, Peach-Mango. The pre-workout is flavoured well, tasting similar to a sweet cordial with little aftertaste. It is a bit on the sweet side when mixed to directions, but adding a little more water fixes this situation. The supplement mixes well without residue, grittiness or clumping.
Evogen EVP Plus Verdict
Evogen EVP Plus is a well thought out pre-workout supplement from a company who is dedicated to developing specifically for the athletic population. EVP Plus contains an excellent blend of ingredients to support mental and physical performance as well as pump and halting muscle protein breakdown processes. While the ingredients are slightly underdosed, this can easily be solved with increasing the serving size.