Muscles Worked by Cable Crunches
The Cable Crunch works on the abs and it is important to take your time and perform these properly. Taking in the entire abdominal region, this is a great exercise for developing that six pack so many of us dream about. Also a good contributer for weightloss , the Cable Crunch should be staple in everyone's fitness development. The hip flexor will also be affected and you will feel the burn throughout your lower abs as well.
Exercise Type: Multi-joint.
Cable Crunches Exercise Workout & Technique
- Anchor yourself in front of the cable machine with your knees making contact with the floor.
- Reach up and hold onto the handle of the rope attachment to the upper cable.
- Keeping your arms elongated, bring your arms down towards you, aiming for your quads with your head, bringing your elbows down to the floor, exhaling as you come down.
- Now inhale, allowing the weight to bring you up again, but in a controlled manner. Extend your arms so that you feel the extension in the lat muscles.
- Repeat for the allocated reps.
Cable Crunches - Tips & Safety
- Ensure that you execute this exercise in a strict manner throughout to get the optimum benefit from this exercise.
Cable Crunches Are Also Known as:
- Rope Pulls.