BSN is a veteran in the sports supplement industry and is a maker of some of the most popular products in the industry including No Xplode 2.0 and Nitrix. Recently, BSN have reformulated, repackaged and renamed their popular mass gaining protein powder True Mass to True Mass 1200. Let’s take a look at the specs of their new weight gaining powder.
- Over 1200 calories per serve; 222g of carbs, 50g of protein and 16g of fat and fibre.
- 2 source of carbohydrates including oat flour and 7 sources of protein for sustained release of amino acids.
- Source of MCTs which helps provide an easily useable source of energy.
BSN True Mass 1200 Ingredients & Dosage
True Mass 1200 is a typical high carbohydrate protein powder which is ideal for hard gainers trying to gain weight and mass. Let’s go through some of the highlights of BSN True Mass:
- Over 1200 calories per serve with a carbohydrate to protein ratio of 4:1
- Blend of Carbohydrates – Including maltodextrin and whole oat flour to help provide different absorption rates and thus a prolonged release of energy.
- 7 Sources of Protein – Including Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Milk Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Egg Albumin, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein and Glutamine Peptides to help provide a sustained release of amino acids to your muscles.
- Added MCTs – Medium Chain Triglycerides provide a quickly digestible fat source which is quickly utilised as a fast source of energy.
Also contained in True Mass 1200 include ingredients to improve the flavour and texture of the product.
BSN True Mass 1200 Pros & Effectiveness
BSN True Mass 1200 is an excellent weight gaining protein supplement, especially for hard gainers who might find it difficult to gain weight. The higher carbohydrate to protein ratio helps provide adequate calories whilst keeping the cost low. The addition of ground whole oat flour helps to not only provide quality nutrients but also increases the fibre content of the shake. Multiple source of protein helps to improve the time release profile of amino acids to the muscles to avoid lengthy periods without nutrition to the muscles. MCTs are a great fat source to use as they are quickly digestible and useable and are said to result in less fat gain than other fat sources.
BSN True Mass 1200 Cons
There are few cons with True Mass 1200. Minor complaints would be a restrictive nutrition panel which doesn’t go into detail about the amino acid, vitamins and minerals composition of the powder. However, people wanting to gain mass generally do not have to worry about lack of nutrients as they’re eating so much already.
BSN True Mass 1200 Taste & Mixability
BSN True Mass 1200 comes in your three typical flavours including chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. The addition of the oat flour really gives the shake an interesting and unique flavour. If you like the taste of oats and a more earthy flavour profile, BSN True Mass 1200 is for you. The shake is slightly grainy, but gives the shake a nice texture. Not too sweet and moderately thick, True Mass 1200 mixes quite well with little frothing.
BSN True Mass 1200 Verdict
BSN have created a weight gain powder which is effective and contain a variety of excellent source of carbohydrates, protein and fats to provide a well rounded nutrition source for those wanting to put on mass. True Mass is a unique and flavourful shake which will make daily protein shakes less of a chore, which will improve compliance; a major factor for mass gain success.