As one of the top industry leader in supplements, BSN or Bio-Engineered Supplements & Nutrition have made a name for themselves with a range of popular and effective supplements including Syntha 6, True Mass and NO Xplode just to name a few. Known for their distinct red packaging and frequent product release schedule, BSN have come up with an entirely new range of supplements for 2015. This relatively small line of new supplements will be known as BSN’s Clean Series.
BSN Clean Series
The brand new Clean Series from BSN will initially consist of just 5 supplements, with the potential for expansion if the line takes off. To keep in line with the Clean Series, all supplements in the range will begin with the word ‘Clean’. So what does this ‘Clean’ title refer to? Simply put, this new line of supplements will contain ‘everything you need’ and ‘nothing you don’t’. As such, each of the supplements is free from:
- Banned Substances
- FD&C Dyes
- Any other undesirable ingredients
While artificial sweeteners, flavours and other ingredients required to support mixability is still included, athletes and those who are frequently drug tested can rest assured that the Clean Series of supplements is banned substance free. In addition, the majority of the ingredients in each supplement is transparently dosed, making it easy to compare and research on the supplement’s effectiveness. The official names of the 5 supplements are:
- BSN Clean Pre Workout – One of the more exciting and useful supplements in the range, the Clean Series Pre Workout is a simplified version of their NO Xplode and contains ingredients like beta-alanine, caffeine, HydroMax (glycerol) and Nitrosigine (arginine silicate inositol) just to name a few. It is ideal for beginner to intermediate trainers looking to improve their energy, focus, endurance and pump levels.
- BSN Clean Creatine – Similar to Cell Mass, the Clean Creatine mixes together three types of creatine including creatine monohydrate, creatine anhydrous and creatine MagnaPower (magnesium creatine chelate) along with betaine, rhodiola, taurine and Astragin (astragalus and ginseng) to help support absorption and delivery.
- BSN Clean Whey – Extremely similar in formulation to their DNA Whey, Clean Whey contains whey protein concentrate, hydrolysed whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate as its protein sources. It provides a good hit of relatively fast digesting protein for a reduced cost.
- BSN Clean BCAAs – With branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), glutamine and tuarine, Clean BCAAs is a solid intra workout and BCAA supplement, but could definitely be improved with a higher dose.
- BSN Clean Fat Burner – The only capsule supplement of the range, the Clean Fat Burner contains green coffee bean extract, caffeine anhydrouse, cissus quadrangularis, grapefruit, yerba mate and cayenne extract. It’s a decent formula, ideal for those wanting to get rid of stubborn fat deposits.
BSN Clean Series Supplements
BSN’s Clean Series line of supplements is a good addition to their current line, especially as a focus for athletes, emergency service personnel such as policeman, fireman and paramedics and other professions which are often drug tested. BSN have also catered to the growing population of people who are intolerant to gluten and those wishing to consume more natural supplements. While the Clean Series is nothing novel or innovative, it does expand the line to be more inclusive, which is what bigger company’s such as BSN should focus on as they are no longer niche players.
BSN Clean Series Updates
Currently, all of BSN’s Clean Series are out for sale in the US, which means it’ll only be a short matter of time before they reach the Australian, New Zealand and other overseas markets. As such, we expect the full range to hit Australia by late August or early September 2015, if not sooner. As for the possibility of an increased range of products, it will definitely depend on its popularity upon release. As always, we’ll be ready with any updates as they appear.