Quick Bryonia Laciniosa Summary Points
- Bryonia Laciniosa is a herb that has been used as an aphrodisiac and anti-ageing supplement in Ayurvedic medicine.
- It has been shown in animal studies to support rises in testosterone levels among other hormone levels.
- Bryonia has also been shown to support sexual behaviour and fertility
- It can also have anti-fever and analgesic (pain reduction) abilities
- Bryonia can be found as an ingredient in natural test boosters and stacks well with other test boosting ingredients.
What is Bryonia Laciniosa?
Bryonia Laciniosa is a herb that is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine as an aphrodisiac and an anti-ageing supplement. It has since gathered interest as a possible testosterone support ingredient.
Where does Bryonia Laciniosa come from?
Bryonia Laciniosa is part of a larger genus of plants Bryonia, which is native to Western Eurasia as well as parts of North Africa and South Asia.
Bryonia Laciniosa Benefits
Not a whole lot of research has been performed on Bryonia Laciniosa, however it has been studied recently in relation to its benefits to sexual behaviour, testosterone levels as well as fertility. In addition, supplementing with Bryonia has shown to assist with reducing pain and also the severity of fever.
Bryonia Laciniosa Benefits for Bodybuilding
Bryonia is still a relatively novel ingredient with only a handful of natural testosterone support supplements using the herb. While the evidence is scant, supplementing with Bryonia has resulted in rises in luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone and testosterone, which can have positive impacts on lean muscle mass and training performance. The study was also able to show a does response relationship, meaning the more you take, the better your rises.
Bryonia Laciniosa Side Effects, Safety & Negatives
There doesn’t appear to be any harm with supplementing with extracts of Bryonia Laciniosa, however many plants in the species are considered poisonous. There hasn’t been any reported issues with extracts of the Laciniosa version.
Bryonia Laciniosa Recommended Dose & Ingredient Timing
No current dosing recommendations are available for Bryonia, however current supplements have used roughly around 1.5g of Bryonia Laciniosa extract. The ingredient, as with other testosterone support ingredients are usually best taken in the morning or at night on an empty stomach.
Bryonia Laciniosa Supplements
Bryonia Laciniosa hasn’t been seen in too many supplements, but they have been included in natural testosterone support supplements such as Kai Greene’s Dynamik Muscle Warbringer among others.
Stacking Bryonia Laciniosa
The ingredient Bryonia Laciniosa can be stacked with pretty much any ingredient, but works best with other natural test booster ingredients such as tribulus, fenugreek, longjack or longifolia, DIM and d-aspartic acid just to name a few.
1. Chauhan NS, Dixit VK Effects of Bryonia laciniosa seeds on sexual behaviour of male rats . Int J Impot Res. (2010)
2. Sivakumar T, et al Evaluation of analgesic, antipyretic activity and toxicity study of Bryonia laciniosa in mice and rats . Am J Chin Med. (2004)