BPI Sports has had a big 2013 with the release of a wide range of products including intra-workouts, testosterone support supplements and protein powders just to name a few. One of their releases to round out the end of the year is Bulk Muscle, their mass gain and weight gain protein powder. Let’s take a look at what Bulk Muscle might consist of.
BPI Bulk Muscle Highlights
- Blend of fast and slow absorbing proteins including whey protein concentrate & micellar casein.
- Carbohydrate blend at a ratio of 2-3 carbs per gram of protein.
BPI Bulk Muscle Ingredients & Dosage
BPI Bulk Muscle’s final formulation is still under wraps at the moment; however Bulk Muscle will most likely contain:
- Whey/Casein Protein Blend – BPI’s current protein releases are extremely simple and Bulk Muscle should be no different. Bulk Muscle will most likely contain whey protein concentrate and micellar casein as it’s primary proteins and may also include some faster absorbing variants such as whey protein isolate and milk protein isolate.
- Carbohydrates – A mix of maltodextrins, dextrose and waxy maize is the most likely carbohydrate mixture. Bulk Muscle will most likely contain a 2-3 to 1 carbohydrate to protein ratio.
- Fats – Bulk Muscle will not have added fats.
BPI Bulk Muscle Pros & Effectiveness
It’s good to see BPI Sports producing a range of proteins to complement their already extensive range of more specialised supplements. So far BPI’s proteins are extremely simple, but contains all the necessary ingredients you need for muscle recovery and growth.
BPI Bulk Muscle Cons
Without knowing any concrete details on BPI Bulk Muscle, it’s hard to discuss any negatives of the supplement. We’ll review in depth any issues with the supplement as soon as the nutrition panel and ingredients list are released.
BPI Bulk Muscle Taste & Mixability
Mass gainers or weight gaining protein supplements generally taste a lot better than your average blended protein supplement thanks to the heavy dose of carbs that most contain. BPI’s current proteins are great in that they aren’t too sweet and have a milkshake like consistency. BPI Bulk Muscle will most likely have a similar taste profile.
BPI Bulk Muscle Verdict
BPI’s move to produce a range of protein powders is a smart move in terms of business strategy, but also benefits consumers by providing them with an excellent alternative to many of the proteins currently available. If BPI are able to cost the product reasonably and make a great tasting product, then BPI should be set for a pretty successful 2014.