BPI is one of the most well known supplement companies today with a huge line of popular products including RoxyLean, A-HD and RX6 to name a few. Another of their more popular supplements is their concentrated pre-workout 1MR. After a reformulation late in 2012 thanks to the demise of DMAA, 1MR was still an effective supplement, but perhaps not what users were used to pre-reformulation. With that in mind, BPI has been hard at work and has conducted some serious research and development for their flagship pre-workout resulting in the release of 1MR Vortex.
BPI 1MR Vortex Highlights
- Potent new concentrated formulation
- Support improved motivation, focus and attention.
- Enhanced pumps and endurance
BPI 1MR Vortex Ingredients & Dosage
BPI 1MR Vortex is said to be one of their strongest pre-workouts and is not a 1MR sequel. The 1MR Vortex contains only 6 active ingredients in a blend known as the “Full Speed Vortex™ Matrix”, which is 10 less ingredients than what the original had. These 6 ingredients include:
- Glycerol (as glycerol monostearate) – Glycerol is a common pump ingredient that assists with water retention and therefore blood and muscle volume.
- Indigofera Pulchra (aerial) – Plants of the indigofera genus are often used for its ability to alleviate pain and as an anti-inflammatory.
- Caffeine (as caffeine anhydrous) – A well known ergogenic stimulant
- White/Ceylon Leadwort (root) – A plant extract which has been shown to have stimulatory activity on the central nervous system.
- Securinega (leaf and root) – Also a plant extract which provides securinine, an active compound found to also have stimulating effects on the central nervous system.
- Yohimbe (bark) – Providing the active compounds yohimbine and rauwolscine – both powerful stimulants, however are not allowed in Australian supplements.
BPI 1MR Vortex also contains 20mg of niacin or vitamin B3. Each recommended 3g serving provides 1,705mg of the active matrix in a proprietary formula.
BPI 1MR Vortex Pros & Effectiveness
Overall, it looks as though BPI 1MR Vortex was designed as a potent stimulant and pump pre-workout. The serving size is extremely small, but with 3 stimulants (excluding yohimbe) and 1 major pump ingredient, 1MR Vortext aims to dramatically increase your focus, attention and motivation to perform, whilst also supporting prolonged endurance thanks to indigofera pulchra and its pain alleviating properties. 1MR Vortex also supports prolonged time to fatigue through the function of the CNS stimulants, especially caffeine, which are well known to decrease ratings or perceived exertion or effort of exercise. In short, BPI 1MR Vortex was designed to help you train longer, heavier and with unparalleled focus.
BPI 1MR Vortex Cons
The real issue with BPI 1MR is the use of multiple novel ingredients which haven’t been researched enough to provide any conclusive evidence of its ergogenic or performance enhancing ability. But you can’t deny that 1MR Vortex is an innovative supplement that breaks boundaries.
BPI 1MR Vortex Taste & Mixability
BPI 1MR Vortex is currently available in Fruit Punch. Better tasting than the current 1MR, the supplement mixes well without any noticeable residue, frothing or clumping.
BPI 1MR Vortex Verdict
BPI Sports 1MR Vortex is an exciting release from the well established company and definitely a welcome addition to the growing pre-workout category. If you’re after a strong kick in terms of motivation and focus to work out, then 1MR Vortex is the supplement for you. It’ll also offer you some decent pumps and assist with improving your lifts. To be honest, it’s not the strongest pre-workout around and for hardcore trainers and long time users of pre-workouts, BPI 1MR Vortex won’t offer much more than what you’re already using. For everyone else, BPI 1MR Vortex should give you a decent boost and can definitely compete with some of the more established concentrated pre-workouts around. One things for certain though, the formulation of BPI 1MR Vortex is a testament to the innovation of the company and their constant drive to push out better products and formulations and it’s this risk taking that often provides the biggest and best results.