The last few years has seen Beast Sports Nutrition recreate their image and release a slew of new products including one of their latest protein supplement offerings; Gargantua. Besides having an excellent name, let’s see how Beast Sports weight gaining protein powder compares with other similar products.
Beast Sports Nutrition Gargantua Highlights
- 40g of whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate per serve to boost amino acid supply to your muscles.
- 89g of complex carbohydrates to help with muscle glycogen replenishment to fuel your mass gaining workouts.
- Only 5g of fat per serve makes Gargantua an excellent option for those looking at predominantly lean mass gains.
Beast Sports Nutrition Gargantua Ingredients & Dosage
Gargantua is what you would consider a no frills mass gainer with only a handful of core ingredients. Let’s take a look at the major ones:
- Whey Protein Matrix – Gargantua contains a simple protein complex of whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate to give you a medium length absorption and release profile or amino acids.
- Maltodextrin – A complex carbohydrate that is commonly used in carbohydrate and weight gaining protein powders due to its ability to reduce gastrointestinal discomfort (a common issue with high simple sugar intake).
- Low fat – With only 5g of fat per serve, Gargantua is ideal for those wanting leaner gains rather than a unspecified bulking regime.
- Added vitamins and minerals – Helps to make it a more nutrient dense meal.
Beast Sports Nutrition Gargantua Pros & Effectiveness
Beast Sports Gargantua is a simple, low fat mass gaining protein supplement providing a carbohydrate to protein ratio of 2 to 1. With 40g of protein per serve, you’re getting plenty of amino acids necessary to sustain amino acid delivery between meals. The addition of three major proteases ensures gastrointestinal comfort whilst on your bulking phase. Bulking phases usually coincide with a constant feeling of fullness which can sabotage your mass gaining efforts. The added proteases can help prevent this.
Beast Sports Nutrition Gargantua Cons
While excess fibre may not be conducive to bulking, most people tend not to meet their daily fibre intake requirements. The 2g of fibre per serve of Gargantua doesn’t do much in helping people meet their recommended daily fibre intakes. Whilst mostly a good gainer, Gargantua could do with different sources of carbohydrates and proteins for an improved nutrient delivery profile.
Beast Sports Nutrition Gargantua Taste & Mixability
As with most weight gainers, Beast Sports Nutrition’s Gargantua comes in a limited range of flavours; chocolate and vanilla. Both taste pleasant enough to have a prolonged period of time. Gargantua produces quite a thick shake so be sure to mix it with some extra liquid to ensure a smoother drinking texture. In terms of mixability, the powder mixes well without any grittiness.
Beast Sports Nutrition Gargantua Verdict
Beast Sports Nutrition’s Gargantua is a no frills mass gaining protein supplement. If you’re looking to gain lean muscle mass and want a simple product that works, Gargantua is the way to go.