Physique Enhancing Science are a relatively new company that have just started to take off with an initial release of 7 supplements focusing on the more specialised categories of bodybuilding and sporting supplementation including pre-workouts and hormone support. One of these seven supplements is Alphamine – their powerful thermo powder. Let’s take a look at what’s in Alphamine and how it compares to other similar supplements.
- Potent fat loss and metabolism boosting ingredients including Caffeine, Higenamine, Eucommia Ulmoides Leaf Extract and Alpha-Hydroxy-Isocaproic Acid (HICA)
- A range of focus enhancing and mental performance ingredients including Caffeine, D-Glucuronolactone, Taurine and Bacopa Monniera Extract.
Alphamine Ingredients & Dosage
Physique Enhancing Science’s Alphamine is a fairly simple supplement with only 7 active ingredients including:
- L-Taurine (915mg)
- D-Glucuronolactone (800mg)
- Caffeine (250mg)
- Higenamine (Norcoclaurine)
- Eucommia Ulmoides Leaf Extract
- Alpha-Hydroxy-Isocaproic Acid (HICA)
- Bacopa Monniera Extract
Unfortunately, only the first three ingredients have actual quantity values in the nutrition panel. Alphamine is available in a 210g tub with a recommended serving size of 5g (2 scoops) to be mixed in 800mL of water. Other ingredients are included, however they are mainly flavours and other ingredients to assist with mixability and shelf life.
Alphamine Pros & Effectiveness
Physique Enhancing Science have been doing their research when formulating Alphamine. It certainly contains ingredients which are known to support fat and weight loss.
- Higenamine or Norcoclaurine for example affects what is known as the beta 2 adrenergic receptors, which assists in raising lipolysis or fat metabolism.
- Eucommia Ulmoides is a traditional Chinese herb that is also valued for its ability to induce fat loss via its ability to affect proteins that are involved in energy metabolism.
- Alpha-Hydroxy-Isocaproic Acid (HICA), when supplemented together with physical activity helps to improve body composition by increasing lean muscle mass which contributes to a higher overall metabolic rate.
- Caffeine is also a well known ingredient that has been associated with fat and weight loss.
Besides the fat burning abilities of the supplement, the rest of Alphamine contains a range of ingredients known to assist with attention, focus, mood and concentration, helpful as fat and weight loss periods tend to coincide with decreased food and calorie intake which can lead to fatigue and lethargy.
The only real issue with Alphamine is in terms of dosing. While we know the values for 3 of the ingredients, not knowing the amounts of the other ingredients makes it hard to judge just how effective the supplement is. Luckily, most of the other ingredients don’t require high doses and could exist in therapeutic doses within the recommended Alphamine serving size of 5g.
Alphamine Taste & Mixability
Alphamine is currently available in two flavours; Raspberry Lemonade and Fruit Punch. Both taste remarkably similar but both are quite pleasant with no lingering bitter aftertaste that is common in fat loss powders. The powder mixes well with little residue, clumping or frothing.
Physique Enhancing Science has done a good job with their signature fat burning thermogenic powder. Alphamine is similar to an energy drink with fat loss ingredients; helping to burn fat, support metabolism and mood as well as increasing focus, attention and concentration. While the dosing of some ingredients may be an issue, this can easily be fixed by slightly increasing the dose to 1.5 scoops to be split up between two intakes. If Alphamine is a taste of the calibre of supplements coming from Physique Enhancing Science, then they’ve definitely got a chance to cut it with the big brands.