As one of the foremost supplement companies in the world, Muscletech have developed a strong contingency of products over the years covering almost every aspect of training as well as every type of trainer. One of their most popular products has been their fat burner Hydroxycut with multiple variants being released over time including the original Hydroxycut Hardcore Pro and the current Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite. There has even been one specifically designed for women in the form of Hydroxycut Max. Their latest variation to come out is the Hydroxycut SX-7 which according to them offers “the most advanced weight loss and clean sensory experience”. Let’s take a look at what’s in Hydroxycut SX-7 and how it compares to other fat burners.
Muscletech Hydroxycut SX-7 Highlights
- 7 key ingredients to support fat loss and a "clean sensory experience"
- Caffeine, Green Coffee Bean Extract & Raspberry Ketones
- Easy to swallow and convenient capsules.
Muscletech Hydroxycut SX-7 Ingredients & Dosage
Muscletech’s Hydroxycut SX-7 is a unique blend of 7 ingredients that offers a premium fat loss and ‘sensory experience’. These 7 ingredients are formulated into their “Super Xtreme Thermogenic Complex” – which is what Muscletech named their latest fat burner supplement after. The 7 ingredients in the complex include:
- Green Coffee Bean Extract (400mg) – Providing 45% Chlorogenic Acid; the main active compound to assist with fat loss. In effect, Hydroxycut SX-7 provides 180mg of Chlorogenic Acid.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (135mg) – One of the most effective ingredients for fat loss roughly equal to a very strong cup of black coffee.
- Myristica Fragrans Seed Extract (100mg) – Also commonly known as nutmeg seed.
- Sage Leaf Powder (75mg) – A popular herb, but also one of the core ingredients of many traditional remedies.
- Raspberry Ketone (50mg) – One of the latest fat loss ingredients to be included in many current fat burners.
- Ecklonia Cava Stem and Leaf Extract (36mg) – A brown algae providing a range of bioactive compounds including the polyphenol phlorotannin.
- Yohimbe Bark Extract (8.5mg) – Supplying the active compounds yohimbine and rauwolscine. This ingredient unfortunately won’t be in any future Australian versions of the product.
Muscletech Hydroxycut SX-7 Pros & Effectiveness
Perhaps the most noticeable aspect of Hydroxycut SX-7 is that Muscletech have maintained full disclosure of the amounts of each ingredient they use. This not only makes it easier for analysis and comparisons of the product; it also speaks highly of Muscletech as a company – who are willing to be completely transparent and showing they have nothing to hide. Proprietary formulas are slowly phasing out as consumers become more aware and Muscletech are definitely one of the key companies leading the charge. Caffeine and Yohimbe Bark have both been standards in many fat burners over the last few years. While Yohimbe Bark is no longer allowed in Australian supplements, Muscletech will most likely replace it with extra caffeine or synephrine; stimulants which offer fat loss and ergogenic functions.
Green Coffee Bean Extract has been one fat loss ingredient that has really increased in popularity, almost as much as green tea extract. The core active compound in green coffee bean extract is chlorogenic acid of which you need about 120-300mg. Hydroxycut SX-7 definitely provides enough with 180mg per capsule. Myristica or nutmeg and sage leaf powder are interesting ingredients to add. Muscletech state that they are there to support the ‘sensory experience’. In larger doses, ground nutmeg has been shown to have psychoactive and euphoric properties and active compounds in sage leaves have been known to have stimulatory effects. During fat loss routines, focus, concentration and lethargy are common symptoms and ingredients that support improved moods and focus are often utilised to combat these negative effects.
Ecklonia Cava Extract has been demonstrated to offer a variety of positive health effects including acting as an anti-diabetic, anti-cancer, anti-oxidation, antibacterial, radioprotective and anti-HIV ingredient. The polyphenols in this brown algae have also been investigated to support weak weight loss and appetite suppressant effects.
Muscletech Hydroxycut SX-7 Cons
Hydroxycut SX-7 uses some interesting and novel ingredients in this latest version in the range. While a positive ‘sensory experience’ is always welcome, it shouldn’t come at the risk of diluting the fat loss ingredients, of which there are really only 3 well dosed ones – one of which won’t even be in the Australian version. While both Raspberry Ketones and Ecklonia Cava extracts have been shown to support weight and fat loss as well as suppression of appetite, the doses contained per capsule is slightly less than ideal; a fact that Muscletech should pay heed to.
Muscletech Hydroxycut SX-7 Taste & Mixability
Muscletech Hydroxycut SX-7 are currently only available in capsule form with 70 or 140 capsules per container with a recommended serving size of 1 capsule.
Muscletech Hydroxycut SX-7 Verdict
Muscletech Hydroxycut SX-7 is the latest entry into the extremely popular Hydroxycut range of fat burners. Perhaps not the best supplement of the range, first time users of fat burners will find this a pleasing introduction to the world of fat burners. For more advanced users however, Muscletech Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite is still your best option by far.